NUC5i5MYBE $30

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

EasyRhino

Aug 6, 2019
I woulda gotten this for my mother in law's computer except just found her an old dell optiplex micro a few months ago (which cost more and I still had swap in a SSD)

Reactions: Samir

FlorianZ

Dec 10, 2019
need this one too thought.
inside a worn out 128GB intel M.2 ?
You think it will be worn out? Don't SSDs typically wear out from writes. Given the type of device this is, I don't expect it having gone through a lot of writing over its lifetime. I'll post SMART data once I receive mine, though I am still many days out from getting it.

Samir

Post Liker and Deal Hunter Extraordinaire!
Jul 21, 2017
HSV and SFO
You think it will be worn out? Don't SSDs typically wear out from writes. Given the type of device this is, I don't expect it having gone through a lot of writing over its lifetime. I'll post SMART data once I receive mine, though I am still many days out from getting it.
This is my thoughts as well--a digital sign rarely undergoes changes, so literally write once and read many.

RolloZ170

Apr 24, 2016
This is my thoughts as well--a digital sign rarely undergoes changes, so literally write once and read many.
have manages some sigital signage ago, minor content changes every Day. changed all every week.
sure, depends on the system running on it.

Samir

Post Liker and Deal Hunter Extraordinaire!
Jul 21, 2017
HSV and SFO
have manages some sigital signage ago, minor content changes every Day. changed all every week.
sure, depends on the system running on it.
Yep, but if you compare the number of writes from digital sign usage compared to just the OS if it's windows based, windows' writes will be 100x more than the digital sign software.

RolloZ170

Apr 24, 2016
Yep, but if you compare the number of writes from digital sign usage compared to just the OS if it's windows based, windows' writes will be 100x more than the digital sign software.
there was win98 running thought, and changes was done using "this" device (remote)

OstJoker

Dec 3, 2016
Good price but I have one of this, It has two fans. CPU fan adjust speed according to CPU load. Second one work at full speed and is pretty loud even in idle. i5u CPU itself is pretty slow in 2023 reality.