NUC5i5MYBE $30

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

OstJoker

Dec 3, 2016
"not enought for gaming ? but can it run crysis ?"
Not enough for guys who see i5 and could think it will perform +/- OK like mid range CPU.
Everyone has different tasks. I just wanted to warn that you will get more like "Celeron" experience, that's it.
P.S. At work I have Pentium G820 desktop that do only one task - play sounds by scheduler. And it is slow as hell even loading OS itself or when you need to change some settings. So no need to call me "hater" or snob, as there is a huge gap between do nothing and play "Crysis".
Decided to compare this CPU with other old CPUs + Ryzen just for the reference.

Attachments

RolloZ170

Apr 24, 2016
And it is slow as hell even loading OS itself or when you need to change some settings. So no need to call me "hater" or snob, as there is a huge gap between do nothing and play "Crysis".
run crisis was a joke.
but my G5600 starts win10 pro x64 in 3 seconds, only a good x4 NVMe ssd required.
it is a office machine.

Samir

Post Liker and Deal Hunter Extraordinaire!
Jul 21, 2017
HSV and SFO

custom90gt

Nov 17, 2016
Looks like a replacement to the raspberry pi you can't get today. I picked one up but I really don't need it. Thought it would be a good backup home assistant device if I need it. What is everyone else using them for?

Reactions: EasyRhino and Samir

Cruzader

Jan 1, 2021
Yeah i also got no idea what id use it for but im still tempted since cheap for being board with case.

Buuuut i also got a full shelf of ebay stuff i have not even opened yet

Reactions: Samir

Samir

Jul 21, 2017
HSV and SFO
9 left/55 sold as of this post... :p
Looks like a replacement to the raspberry pi you can't get today. I picked one up but I really don't need it.
So tempting, but I really don't need this......
Yeah i also got no idea what id use it for but im still tempted since cheap for being board with case.

Buuuut i also got a full shelf of ebay stuff i have not even opened yet
So the two questions I use to avoid purchasing such good deals are the following--if I get this, can I put it to use immediately? if I don't get this now and need this later, will I be able to pick it up (or similar/better) for the same price or cheaper later?--the answers have to be yes/no to green light a purchase, and usually a big no on the second one since it does take time to put stuff into use. Hope this helps! :)

Cruzader

Jan 1, 2021
I tend to pick up any toys that look interesting if its a good deal and not too pricey.
Then either it makes it into the lab or i resell it with profit domesticly when ive played around with it.

Alot of my shelf now is parts for the new ceph storage stack, like 25x J5005 boards and switches/power along with various bits for them.

Samir

Jul 21, 2017
HSV and SFO
...or i resell it with profit domesticly when ive played around with it.
Generally the only way I'm able to do this is at the end of the bathtub curve when my stuff gets into the collector territory, lol. Otherwise, I just use it and enjoy it for what it is.

Reactions: Fritz

Fritz

Apr 6, 2015
A lot of the old collector stuff never seems to die, it just accumulates and my junk collection shows it.

• Haha

Samir

Jul 21, 2017
HSV and SFO
A lot of the old collector stuff never seems to die, it just accumulates and my junk collection shows it.
Stuff that's still working deserves to keep on working I always say! And someone out there will want it, so it eventually will go to a good home. :)

Reactions: Fritz

Cruzader

Jan 1, 2021
I probably got 100U worth of cisco piled up in various corners since it just wont die.
Not really worth much to sell but a shame to throw away when working.

Gutted a bunch of switches to use their cases for m-itx boards tho :D

Reactions: Samir and Fritz

Samir

Jul 21, 2017
HSV and SFO
I probably got 100U worth of cisco piled up in various corners since it just wont die.
Not really worth much to sell but a shame to throw away when working.
Wow, that's a lotta U! I bet at some point a computer museum could use some of them. :) I've seen some restored servers from eras gone by and it's pretty neat to see them back in working order doing something even semi-modern. Yep, working hardware deserves to keep on working!

Cruzader

Jan 1, 2021
I bet at some point a computer museum could use some of them.
I can almost start a DL380 museum already, i got G2 G3 G4 G5 G6 G7 G8E G8P G9 and G10Plus (Tho the last one is missing some parts)

Not really hunted for a G1 yet, but the ones ive happend to see for sale has been costing more than used G9-G10 units do now.

Samir

Jul 21, 2017
HSV and SFO
I can almost start a DL380 museum already, i got G2 G3 G4 G5 G6 G7 G8E G8P G9 and G10Plus (Tho the last one is missing some parts)

Not really hunted for a G1 yet, but the ones ive happend to see for sale has been costing more than used G9-G10 units do now.
Nice! That would be a cool stack to see in a single 42U. I have 2x G5 myself. :)

custom90gt

Nov 17, 2016
I received this yesterday, super fast shipping. Everything boots up and looks good. I'm in the process of taking it apart to repaste it and just check it out. Pretty cool little device.

Reactions: Fritz and Samir