EXPIRED Micron 7300 MAX 3.2TB 80 USD

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

bvd

Jan 2, 2021
tenants that just moved out, decided to let dogs PISS on carpet and misc rooms.. and are of course denying the entire thing. damn that smell.

insurance is like.. are you stupid?! you dont let tenants have dogs. so I have to eat entire cost, might even need new bedroom cabinets.. .Im so tired of this shenanigans
That kind of thing is INFURIATING. Hope you took a hefty deposit!

Reactions: Samir

Samir

Post Liker and Deal Hunter Extraordinaire!
Jul 21, 2017
HSV and SFO
tenants that just moved out, decided to let dogs PISS on carpet and misc rooms.. and are of course denying the entire thing. damn that smell.

insurance is like.. are you stupid?! you dont let tenants have dogs. so I have to eat entire cost, might even need new bedroom cabinets.. .Im so tired of this shenanigans
Yeah, this is why being a landlord absolutely sucks unless you have lawyers that can take action immediately on a lease that is strong enough to get them into court the next day.

klui

Feb 3, 2019
Did they claim they were "service" dogs? "Our contract requires registration number."

ano

Nov 7, 2022
our laws here only allow me a tiny portion coverd, so basicly Im getting like $800-900 (if anything) coverd. replacement of floors in adjacent rooms? your on you own.. paint? hah no chance of getting it coverd, labour? 1/4th and only a few hours

I can tell you new floors + trim + removing sliding doors + painting is .. " a bit more than that" I have 10k now just in parts and paint, and then Im doing everything myself + buddies helping. Lost income at work as well since I run a business, so yeah,not great. They have systematicly lied about everything, but tenants have a LOT of rights here. I'm not in the US.

New tenants has been good at least, they have postponed the move 1 month, and so of course Im losing some more $ right there.

I can get into the details later, Im massively dissapointed.

Cruzader

Jan 1, 2021
If you dont have a good insurance that actualy pays out (the amount of rental insurances that covers almost nothing is amazing in itself) it can really be a hit or miss.
As much as it "hurts" paying that insurance if you did not need it, it really hurts not having it if you get a nightmare move out like it sounds like you had.

We are aiming at picking up 2 extra houses for rental units while the real estate market is in the current dip.
Whenever i see the nightmare tenant stories it feels a bit less tempting tho...

ano

Nov 7, 2022
insurance wont cover anything, tried that route.

I allowed dogs to stay overnight when traveling, hence Im at fault... and then they were basicly allowed to keep dogs there constantly, tenants has a lot of things going theirway here.

Filez

Feb 18, 2019
Was debating between getting 2 or 4, now I'll be getting 0 :cool:

How to connect U.2 drives is complicated and I'm glad no longer have to decide.

U.2 to PCIe adapter card? (~$15)
U.2 to PCIe adapter card + cable? (~$30)
U.2 to M.2 adapter card + cable? (~$30)
U.2 to HBA through cable (~$30) but dont know if the HBA support U.2

Would be simple if they were M.2

Datasheet: https://media-www.micron.com/-/medi...product-flyer/7300_nvme_ssd_product_brief.pdf

3 Drive Writes per Day (DWPD) / 19.2 PB Endurance is pretty nice. Enjoy your drives folks!
Never had an U2 drive. What adapter and cable do I need for an x9 supermicro board?

piranha32

Mar 4, 2023
Nice, can you share what you're using FPGAs for? Always interested to learn more use cases for FPGAs.

So far I've seen finance applications, video encode/decode and hardware testing.
FPGAs are used in a lot of places, where you need custom logic circuits. Some of the applications I've seen:
- Lots of test equipment uses FPGA, since it requires a lot of fast and custom data processing, and volumes often do not justify spinning specialized silicon (unless you are one of the really big players, like Keysight or Textronics).
- A lot of SDR (Software Defined Radio) boards use FPGAs, for ease of implementation of complex sample processing pipelines.
- Cell phone infrastructure
- Radars
- Crypto mining
- Retro gaming and retro computing boards use FPGAs to implement old CPUs and logic chips.
- New chip prototyping, e.g. hacking RISC-V architecture.
- MCU hacking and glitching
- Hobby and professional prototyping
- Research (I've seen FPGAs used in research of hardware implementations of cryptographic algorithms)
- Crypto cracking

Last edited:
Reactions: greyski and e97

chinesestunna

Jan 23, 2015
Nice, can you share what you're using FPGAs for? Always interested to learn more use cases for FPGAs.

So far I've seen finance applications, video encode/decode and hardware testing.
I meant pick 4 up for my workstation, not for FPGA haha sorry about that

• Haha
Reactions: e97

applepi

Jun 15, 2013

Mostly for hardware emulation of RISC-V SoCs for application acceleration on 100gbps network cards using the corundum project. Using RDMA PeerDirect to communicated between the FPGAs and other end point such as NVMe or GPUs without using the host processor. It'd be nice to have some local storage that doesn't need to cross the network interface or host PCIe interface. The FPGA I have can take 4x 100gbps QSFP28 optics and 4x Occulink / NVME devices +4x ECC DDR4 RDIMMs.

EasyRhino

Aug 6, 2019
this really was a bonkers offer.
I recently got a single old SAS 3.2TB SSD for about 80, but that was a 5 year old drive, and even that price was a fluke.

T_Minus

Build. Break. Fix. Repeat
Feb 15, 2015
My old bench system can't read SMART info (Windows 7) but benchmarks were good....

I can't see data written, read or POH either, etc.... anyone check theirs?

SnJ9MX

Jul 18, 2019
This was a super bonkers offer. My time lurking here and r/homelabsales finally paid off. Got mine loaded into a PCIe to 1x U.2 to verify drives worked and was very surprised with the SMART statuses.

0 GB written, 0 hours on for both. I think I caught the SMART for the screenshot for the first one after the read tests had completed hence the 0 GB written but 46 GB read.

Now that I know not only do they work but they're essentially brand new, going to get a PCIe to 2x U.2 sled and get these into my proxmox box!

Attachments

Layla

Game Engine Developer
Jun 21, 2016
Clickhouse server! You can build your own "bigquery" where you charge just 3USD for each TB scanned. With 4x nvme drives, doing 10GB/s reads and only 10% average load over a year is 94 608 USD every year!
I think most of us will need more context to understand how you can claim that someone can make $100k/year for housing and providing access to 12.8TB worth of anything.. if this were the case, NVMe drives would become unobtainium (recall Chia..)

Reactions: mrpasc