Looking for additional Xeon Scalable benchmarks

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

mmx

Dec 18, 2015
Perhaps the processors aren't readily available, but it seems that there is a lack of benchmark scores available for the new generation of Intel server processors. Specifically, no one has mentioned the Gold 51xx line of CPUs or compared them to their previous generation. I'm only able to find a small handful of reviews/benchmarks on the new Xeons, mainly the SKUs on extreme ends (e.g. Bronze and Platinum) with no middle-ground models targeted for mid-sized businesses.

I'm also wondering which processor is a true successor to the E5-2660 V4. I'm planning to purchase 2-3 Dell PowerEdge R740 machines for a virtualization cluster, yet cannot seem to justify the huge price jump of the new Scalable processors. I'm having a hard time comparing the V4 models to the new generation, and I'm sure I'm not alone in this regard. Just when consumers, businesses and resellers we're getting the hang of the previous model naming convention, Intel decided to confuse us even more by diluting their processor line-up tenfold.

I'm interested to see how the 5115, 5118, and 5120 stack up and where they fit in the many available choices of processors. I'm hoping STH can fill this gap very soon. :)

Reactions: Stux

Patrick

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 21, 2010
Working on it. 5100 series nobody wants to talk about.

We have every Silver and Bronze SKU. Gold we have 6132, 6148F, 6152 in house and already published 6150.

It is a process...

Reactions: Stux and mmx