Intel Xeon E5-2670 Deal and Price Tracking

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

svt3391

Feb 11, 2016
...if anyone is interested in the P4000 Advanced Rail kit (full extension); $20ea (+shipping):
Intel AXX3U5UPRAIL Advanced Rail Kit For Server Chassis P4000 New Bulk Packaging

...and the rack bezel & rack handles $10ea (+shipping):
Intel AUPBEZEL4UF Rack Bezel Frame (No Door) New Bulk Packaging
Good find, Jake!

I was looking for those and they didn't have any last week. Kalley told me to check again this week and I was just about to. Offered a couple. The listing does not show their usual combined shipping, so it's $20 per x unit. Did they do the combined shipping for you?

Thanks!

jwegman

Mar 6, 2016
Good find, Jake!

I was looking for those and they didn't have any last week. Kalley told me to check again this week and I was just about to. Offered a couple. The listing does not show their usual combined shipping, so it's $20 per x unit. Did they do the combined shipping for you?

Thanks!
Yeah, they charged me $25 combined shipping for the two that I purchased. They'll most likely come in the individual little rectangular bulk cardboard packaging taped together as 'one box'...

RyC

Oct 17, 2013
... *that* security door is what I consider superfluous :) At least for my use.
Haha perhaps!

I was reading the P4000M service manual http://www.intel.com/content/dam/su...server/p4000m/sb/g30559005_p4000m_sg_r1_3.pdf - see "Converting the Pedestal Chassis to Rack Mount Chassis" and it says to rotate the whole drive bay area (including front panel buttons/USB ports) 90 degrees to the left so it's still facing up when the chassis is horizontal in the rack. I don't know whether you actually have to do that or not (the rack handle kit does come with a new bezel for it), but I'm planning to, so the security door has a nice cutout for where the power button and status lights will end up (some security!)

Plus it was only $5 on top of everything else :)

svt3391

Feb 11, 2016
RE: the rack bezel & rack handles $10ea (+shipping)
Well when I visited the site, they were almost gone (new Jake effect). When I was putting in BO, I found there were 4 'competitive offers'. So I put in $15 each and was accepted right away, while the other 'competitive offers' still pending.

nthu9280

Feb 3, 2016
San Antonio, TX
RE: the rack bezel & rack handles $10ea (+shipping)
Well when I visited the site, they were almost gone (new Jake effect). When I was putting in BO, I found there were 4 'competitive offers'. So I put in $15 each and was accepted right away, while the other 'competitive offers' still pending.
@jwegman the new "Jake effect" ranks pretty high up along with the SD & STH effects. Looks like most of the stuff you post gets scooped up in a hurry. I was little slow on the RS2WC080, FUP8X25HSDKO etc. Didn't want to repeat the same mistake this time and got couple of the rails and handles.
I also picked up one of these for $15 just to have the misc cables on hand. OEM XS combined all of them for $30 S&H.

Intel FUPLESK Chassis Electrical Maintenance Kit For Server Chassis P4000L

jwegman

Mar 6, 2016
I do wonder what the OEM XS/kalleyomalley people think is the reason why they've been (what I presume to be) seeing an increase in sales for this generate of Intel hardware? If they are cognizant of what Patrick started with this thread... IMHO Patrick should get a commission :)

Regardless; I'm continued to be impressed by this ebay seller and how they are really helping make this 'hobby' affordable for me.

Reactions: svt3391

JC Connell

Apr 17, 2016
Anyone know if the heatsinks that shipped with the Natex combo deal have any resale value? I'm not sure who manufacture's them or how to look them up, so I was curious if anyone else was familiar. If anyone had an ebay listing for a similar item that would be awesome.

svt3391

Feb 11, 2016
I do wonder what the OEM XS/kalleyomalley people think is the reason why they've been (what I presume to be) seeing an increase in sales for this generate of Intel hardware? If they are cognizant of what Patrick started with this thread... IMHO Patrick should get a commission :)

Regardless; I'm continued to be impressed by this ebay seller and how they are really helping make this 'hobby' affordable for me.
On the other hand, because forum members would put their negotiated best accepted prices here, so OEM XS probably got less than they expected. Many times I think they were using a model with very low margin but quick sale to balance the book.

I still remember at one time a best accepted price of $250 was posted here for a brand new 2U server, then someone bought all the remaining 17 that day. I doubt OEM XS made much $$ over that. I guess STH's contribution is to reduce their in stock pressure so they can free more resource (warehouse/money) for some thing new, and then suckers like us keep buying. :)

svt3391

Feb 11, 2016
Anyone know if the heatsinks that shipped with the Natex combo deal have any resale value? I'm not sure who manufacture's them or how to look them up, so I was curious if anyone else was familiar. If anyone had an ebay listing for a similar item that would be awesome.
Maybe this one?

jwegman

Mar 6, 2016
On the other hand, because forum members would put their negotiated best accepted prices here, so OEM XS probably got less than they expected. Many times I think they were using a model with very low margin but quick sale to balance the book.

I still remember at one time a best accepted price of $250 was posted here for a brand new 2U server, then someone bought all the remaining 17 that day. I doubt OEM XS made much $$ over that. I guess STH's contribution is to reduce their in stock pressure so they can free more resource (warehouse/money) for some thing new, and then suckers like us keep buying. :)
It would be interesting to know what the bottom line is on a much of this discontinued Intel surplus stuff. Evidently it's pretty darn low :)

I would hope that OEM XS benefits by both making a profit, and clearing warehouse space.

zackiv31

May 16, 2016
Just got the barebones P4000 4u with mobo... omg it's glorious. I'm too scared to turn it on with the 1200w PSUs :(

Preparing for the worst, but will any BIOS update make them quieter? Do they throttle down on extremely light load?

EDIT: And I don't have a key for the front, anywhere I can pick one up? Looked all over/inside the case.

Last edited:

nthu9280

Feb 3, 2016
San Antonio, TX
For the Intel chassis, would one need a new power distribution board if moving from a 1200/1500w psu to a 750w?
No the HC PDB is compatible with all 3. Just need to adjust the mounting location for each as the lengths are different. Please review the intel docs on these chassis for more details.
Run FRUSDR to update the sensor information.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Reactions: epicurean

svt3391

Feb 11, 2016
Just got the barebones P4000 4u with mobo... omg it's glorious. I'm too scared to turn it on with the 1200w PSUs :(

Preparing for the worst, but will any BIOS update make them quieter? Do they throttle down on extremely light load?
Congrats about your new toy. Didn't I tell you that? Very substantial it is!

Yes, run BIOS update would make it much more quieter.

If you only want to run a PSU at a time, make sure to extract the other one at least 1 inch outward. I wasn't sure if my unit's PSU was fully inserted (I didn't check) and when trying to power on for the first time, well, I heard a tiny pop and it never provided power to the mainboard. It's the 1600W variant. Now I had to use the one I originally planned to keep as a spare. I think OEM XS accepted $75 + s/h for the 1600W PSU. :(

I did not know the trick of moving the PCB so it can take 750W. I did pick up a couple of the 750W when they were available at $20 - $25 each. Maybe I should consider doing that.

svt3391

Feb 11, 2016
EDIT: And I don't have a key for the front, anywhere I can pick one up? Looked all over/inside the case.
I forgot where it was with mine. Either at the back of the server (near the expansion slots), or check the big plastic bag. Others with more recent memory may help you out.

zackiv31

May 16, 2016
I forgot where it was with mine. Either at the back of the server (near the expansion slots), or check the big plastic bag. Others with more recent memory may help you out.
Hah! It was in the big plastic bag, I swear I emptied it out. Thanks!

As for the PSU, so I can just pull one out and just power up with one? How important is 16AWG, I only have 18AWG. Can I get any length? Any recommendations from where to buy a pair? Hopefully this doesn't blow up plugging it in without a CPU yet, just want to hear 1200w noise.

If I ever want to boot from PCIExpress... I read somewhere in this thread (it took 6 hours to read) that it may not be possible with later BIOS? So I lose PCI x3 if I upgrade, but I won't have quieter fans unless I don't upgrade?

Internal SAS, is that 6.0gbps? Just wondering because I Have the C600 upgrade kit

Intel® Server System P4216IP4LHJC Specifications

I have a 9201-16i and wondering if the internal SAS will perform the same. It must support as HBA (if it doesn't passthrough it's useless to me for zfs).

Thanks for all the help thus far, can't believe I hadn't heard of this forum until this week!

Last edited: