Intel Xeon E5-2670 Deal and Price Tracking

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Fritz

Apr 6, 2015
As long as the hole lines up you're good to go.
Yep. I have a handful of low profile brackets and the holes don't match on any of them. It would be nice if the hole placement was a standard.

Reactions: _alex

Evan

Jan 6, 2016
If you're referring to the ones Wooot posted, they look identical (to me) to the ones Natex has for sale here.
Yep, but as I said all the ones I see are HP, IBM etc and they all look different the way the chips are arranged but maybe they are made differently.
I only deal in small number of part numbers but a big volume, last order of around 1000 x 32gb RDIMM had 2 different styles of memory, Hynix, Samsung. In the ddr3 world would get some with heat spreaders and some without. Not ever seen a heat spreader yet for ddr4 and assume I won't as 1.2v and less heat.

Boddy

Oct 25, 2014
Anyone suggest a reasonably priced motherboard and CPU cooler to suit single socket E5 2670 in ATX size to suit Antec Sonata III 500 case?
I'd like to run reasonable graphics card and do some rendering in the future.

(My old MB dies and I though to populate it with some of my E5 CPU & DDR3 I recently purchased)
Many thanks in advance for your advice.

Feb 8, 2016
Anyone suggest a reasonably priced motherboard and CPU cooler to suit single socket E5 2670 in ATX size to suit Antec Sonata III 500 case?
I'd like to run reasonable graphics card and do some rendering in the future.

(My old MB dies and I though to populate it with some of my E5 CPU & DDR3 I recently purchased)
Many thanks in advance for your advice.
I think I've seen an ASUS / ASROCK with dual socket 2011 ATX MB, but it is limited on DIMM sockets.

270 ish new

Search Results for Query: x9sra | ServeTheHome and ServeThe.Biz Forums[thread]=7133

30 ish new

Search Results for Query: 212 evo | ServeTheHome and ServeThe.Biz Forums[thread]=7133

rba207

May 16, 2016
Hello, I have a purchased an Intel S2600CP2 and installed it inside of a P4308XXMHGR. After installing bios to 1.06.0001 and doing the other updates that come with it, the chassis fans are still blowing at full speed, i.e. very noisy.

During the FRUSDR update, I selected option 3 and answered yes to updating the chassis info area of the FRU and to updating the system info area of the FRU. Do I need to also specify serial numbers, part numbers, etc? If so, which part numbers to use? Thanks.

zackiv31

May 16, 2016
Hey all, new to the forums, what have I done!

I just purchased a P4216IP4LHJC for $400 initial BO and it was accepted (did I overpay???)

Intel P4216IP4LHJC V2 Server System 4U, Socket R, 1200W, New Bulk V2 Tech Series

Did I overpay for this? I believe this comes with the motherboard, is it better than the one natex.us is selling?

I have a feeling I won't be using half the features that come with this thing, seems to come with a lot. And these 1200W PSUs kind of scare me (are they loud)? Also, what modules do I need to add to this other than CPU/memory?

On another note, is there anyway to get 16x3.5" drives in these? Can buy one of the 8x3.5" modules, anyway to fit more on the inside?

Last edited:

nthu9280

Feb 3, 2016
San Antonio, TX

I just purchased a P4216IP4LHJC for $400 initial BO and it was accepted (did I overpay???)

Intel P4216IP4LHJC V2 Server System 4U, Socket R, 1200W, New Bulk V2 Tech Series

Did I overpay for this? I believe this comes with the motherboard, is it better than the one natex.us is selling?

I have a feeling I won't be using half the features that come with this thing, seems to come with a lot. And these 1200W PSUs kind of scare me (are they loud)? Also, what modules do I need to add to this other than CPU/memory?

On another note, is there anyway to get 16x3.5" drives in these? Can buy one of the 8x3.5" modules, anyway to fit more on the inside?
If you are planning to use in the home office, 1200 & 1600w PS can be loud. They both have dual rotor fans. You may want to look at getting the 750w HS power supply.

Initially OEM XS didn't get below $600 for these. However, I heard recently that they have been accepting ~300 range.

Lastly, check ark.intel.com for documentation and config options for these cases as well as this thread.
I don't think oem xs has stock of 5.25 bay option in stock anymore.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

zackiv31

May 16, 2016
I really like the Intel 2U systems. I have 3x of the V3 generation running STH in Fremont, CA and 1x of the V1/V2 generation in Las Vegas.

2U - Intel R2312GL4GS Server System 2U Rack, Socket R, V2 Technology New Bulk
4U - Intel P4216IP4LHJC Server System 4U, Socket R, 1200W, New Bulk Packaging

If they took an offer of half, they would be good deals. The Intel servers run fairly quiet. Not next to your desk quiet but if they are not right next to you usually OK. and people on here have bought tons of stuff from that ebay seller with very good best offers. They also have many of the odds and ends you may want. For example, I got 3x kits to add 4x NVMe 2.5" + 4x SAS/ SATA bays to the 2U units from that seller and saved a bunch.

I tend to like buying motherboards + chassis + PSU if I can. One of the biggest reasons is that if you read STH forums a lot, people often have PSU issues. Buying in one shot means it all arrives the same day, assembled, and you have a good chance of the PSU/ chassis/ motherboard working well together.
Where are these kits for NVME 2.5 ? I wasn't sure if this C2600 board supported boot from NVME.

@nthu9280 I believe these are the correct 3.5" ones:

Intel FUP8X35HSDK 8x3.5 Hot-Swap Drive Cage Kit New

Kicking myself for not offering $300 on this full server, ughh

nthu9280

Feb 3, 2016
San Antonio, TX
Where are these kits for NVME 2.5 ? I wasn't sure if this C2600 board supported boot from NVME.

@nthu9280 I believe these are the correct 3.5" ones:

Intel FUP8X35HSDK 8x3.5 Hot-Swap Drive Cage Kit New

Kicking myself for not offering $300 on this full server, ughh
I think @Patrick swooped the few NVME HS bay kits they had.
OEM XS was kinda mixed up on P4216ip4lh?? pricing initially. My offers for JC (1200w) were rejected but accepted $300 for KC version which includes mezzanine RAID module. I bought a 750w PS and took out the dual 1600w ones. They were noisy.

Reactions: zackiv31

zackiv31

May 16, 2016
Yah I'm going to see how the 1200w ones are, it's going to be in my bedroom :-/ I don't plan on running these hard at all.

I don't think kalley sells the 750w on their own... and the cheapest I see is $50 each on ebay. I may be forced to buy another tower just to pull out the 750w PSUs :-/

EDIT: Anyone have a ram suggestion from Used Server Memory by Samsung, Hynix, Nanya, Kingston, Micron, HP, IBM and Dell Memory- Refurbished, Fully Tested, Warrantied

Do I need PC3 or PC3L, and does the speed matter for dual e5-2670's ? Which one would you guys get?

Last edited:

nthu9280

Feb 3, 2016
San Antonio, TX
Yah I'm going to see how the 1200w ones are, it's going to be in my bedroom :-/ I don't plan on running these hard at all.

I don't think kalley sells the 750w on their own... and the cheapest I see is $50 each on ebay. I may be forced to buy another tower just to pull out the 750w PSUs :-/

EDIT: Anyone have a ram suggestion from Used Server Memory by Samsung, Hynix, Nanya, Kingston, Micron, HP, IBM and Dell Memory- Refurbished, Fully Tested, Warrantied

Do I need PC3 or PC3L, and does the speed matter for dual e5-2670's ? Which one would you guys get?
They did. might be OOS. Many of the folks here including myself got them for ~20.

I bought the Samsung 8gb pc3L sticks from Natex eBay listing before I saw this thread.

epicurean

Sep 29, 2014
For the Intel chassis, would one need a new power distribution board if moving from a 1200/1500w psu to a 750w?

svt3391

Feb 11, 2016

Don't second guess yourself. You did well. That's a very good price for a very good server. Once you receive it you will see how substantial that thing is.

I knew some people got the other model with dual 1600W PS for slightly cheaper. OEM XS told me that they got these two models at different times / batches, so the one you got actually cost them more. That's why they listed the other model at $900, while yours was listed at $1800.

If you ask me, I would say be happy that you got one. A month ago they had tons of 2U/4U units. Now their 2U socket R units were depleted, and only few 1U (noisy) and 4U units left. Soon they will be gone, and I doubt there will be more new coming. And at that time if some one wants one, it will be more than $400.

Reactions: zackiv31

nthu9280

Feb 3, 2016
San Antonio, TX
How did you put a 750W in there? The 750W is much shorter than the 1600W. Did you get a new power supply "housing"? Or did you push it all the way in?
The chassis/housing has 3 different mount points for PDB to accommodate the different lengths of 750/1200/1600. I think it was held by couple of screws to the chassis/housing. Did it the first or second day I got the LHKC as I could not stand the noise from 1600 PS sitting close to my desk. Besides, I'm not even pushing 750 to its limits at the moment.

Reactions: svt3391

Boddy

Oct 25, 2014
...if anyone is interested in the P4000 Advanced Rail kit (full extension); $20ea (+shipping):
Intel AXX3U5UPRAIL Advanced Rail Kit For Server Chassis P4000 New Bulk Packaging

...and the rack bezel & rack handles $10ea (+shipping):
Intel AUPBEZEL4UF Rack Bezel Frame (No Door) New Bulk Packaging
Thanks jwegman, I noticed this earlier today and was going to post after they accepted offer $20 for rail kit.
Rail kit must be huge/heavy as $50 shipping 3 units to Oregon.

Re: rack bezel & rack handles, are these cosmetic items or do they have some functional use?
Are they worthwhile to purchase?

jwegman

Mar 6, 2016
Thanks jwegman, I noticed this earlier today and was going to post after they accepted offer $20 for rail kit.
Rail kit must be huge/heavy as $50 shipping 3 units to Oregon.

Re: rack bezel & rack handles, are these cosmetic items or do they have some functional use?
Are they worthwhile to purchase?
The rack handles are certainly functional specifically if you are interested in properly securing the chassis in your rack. Heaven forbid that your rack tips and all your P4000 chassis's slide out on their rails... :( Then again, you're ****ed anyway if your rack tips... Regardless, the handles are nice to have.

Boddy

Oct 25, 2014
The rack handles are certainly functional specifically if you are interested in properly securing the chassis in your rack. Then again, you're ****ed anyway if your rack tips... Regardless, the handles are nice to have.
I like: ' Then again, you're ****ed anyway if your rack tips... ' IMAO
I hope the handles are chromed or I can pimp them up with some LEDs..ha ha :D