Intel DC P4610 6.4TB U.2 3 DWPD $349

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

nabsltd

Jan 26, 2022
I'm sorry I waited until I received mine to post this, as the price has gone up from the $299 I paid. I still think it's a good deal at $349.

What I got was brand new stock in original Intel packaging, still sealed.

Reactions: Samir

ano

Nov 7, 2022
good drives, but then so much others are close in price... u.2nvme prices are crazy theese days.

but hotswapping them in a small san is a nightmare

Samir

Post Liker and Deal Hunter Extraordinaire!
Jul 21, 2017
HSV and SFO
good drives, but then so much others are close in price... u.2nvme prices are crazy theese days.

Intel is Intel though, no? Unless there's a gazillion different firmwares.

T_Minus

Build. Break. Fix. Repeat
Feb 15, 2015
I'd only be buying these if they were DELL, EMC, etc OEM's and that works for you and not INTEL RETAIL new in package -- where ServerPartDeals possibly got a pallet of these from China with usage\smart\etc wiped, and selling 'as new' like the chinese sellers but in the USA.

Last edited:

Samir

Jul 21, 2017
HSV and SFO
I'd only be buying these if they were DELL, EMC, etc OEM's and that works for you and not INTEL RETAIL new in package -- where ServerPartDeals got a pallet of these from China with usage\smart\etc wiped, and selling 'as new' like the chinese sellers but in the USA.
Good point. Lots of fakes and shadiness out there.

gb00s

Jul 25, 2018
Poland
I'm naive enough to believe what Solidigm confirmed in writing that Smart data can't be reset on their drives. Just check the serial and if it's described as new and registered to be sold 3-4 yrs ago, just return it. But please stop suspecting everything to be fake.

Samir

Jul 21, 2017
HSV and SFO
I'm naive enough to believe what Solidigm confirmed in writing that Smart data can't be reset on their drives. But please stop suspecting everything to be fake.
If you're naive enough to not realize the amount of unauthentic product in the marketplace, then that's your business. But do not stop anyone from pointing out the caveats to a supposed deal. Those cautions help others make wise choices.

e97

Jun 3, 2015
Does Solidigm have the verified service that Intel had for their products?

it was a holographic serialized label on the product and a website to verify product details, authenticity and warranty.

could be faked but if you can successfully RMA one out of a batch then i’d say theres a good chance they are legit.

T_Minus

Build. Break. Fix. Repeat
Feb 15, 2015
Does Solidigm have the verified service that Intel had for their products?

it was a holographic serialized label on the product and a website to verify product details, authenticity and warranty.

could be faked but if you can successfully RMA one out of a batch then i’d say theres a good chance they are legit.
Yes, the drive is most likely a real Intel. At-least most of those sellers are selling real Intel drives... I'd hope :D

The problem is it might have 60,000 hours and 5PB written to it but show up as new.

I'm super suspicious of new intel in clam-shell after the NIC issue, especially any Chinese seller or reseller in the USA with photos very similar to the Chinese sellers.

Cruzader

Jan 1, 2021
If you're naive enough to not realize the amount of unauthentic product in the marketplace, then that's your business. But do not stop anyone from pointing out the caveats to a supposed deal. Those cautions help others make wise choices.
Or if you're brainwashed enough to exaggerate the risk of anything related to China without anything to actualy point out as caveats.

Then the cautions start losing any meaning/value.

If you post a caution with something actualy to back it up a fairly large portion will just scroll past it as they see who posted it, since you constantly post them without having anything to actualy point to or back it up with.
its too often gone from being about the deal to just politics between regions.

gb00s

Jul 25, 2018
Poland
Look guys, I have a written confirmation from the producer that their product can't be manipulated. That's a legally binding document now. So if I have any issue with any drive I can always go back to them.

What you guys have are spread rumors, true or not, with thin air and nothing else. I may have my brain washed, but I'm not jumping from nics to nvmes back and forth connecting some cornered dots here and their.

Until you don't have evidence, .... Pssst.

Last edited:

VMman

Jun 26, 2013

Care to share what other "deals" are out there at <$50/tb?

I've been watching the P4610's and the 5600 units from ServerPartDeals but they have jacked the price of the later over the last two weeks.

Reactions: somenoob and Samir

Cruzader

Jan 1, 2021
Ive been eyeing the sn640 7.68tb drives after i saw a few 250-290$ listings, mainly floating around 300-330$.

From PMs/discord with a few that bought of the 250$ aliexpress listing posted in the thread on them earlier the drives validated and came with 0hrs.

In the market for a few new drives around that size but been putting it off intil after black friday.
Also want 2 bambu 3d printers, so if they come on sale then from a domestic reseller that takes priority for now.

Last edited:

applepi

Jun 15, 2013

I've been watching the P4610's and the 5600 units from ServerPartDeals but they have jacked the price of the later over the last two weeks.
Oh look another business using "Market conditions" to raise prices on already produced stocked products just because there is news of a shortage in the future.

Reactions: Samir and VMman