ICX7150 for repair?

JoshDi

Jun 13, 2019
What PSU model was that exactly? So I know what to avoid :D

My FSP200-P35-A54 seems to work fine, it fit nicely, works in a fanless configuration like this and was relatively cheap. I haven't done any extensive testing on it (only tested plugging in/out a few times with PoE load) but It Works For Me(tm).
that PSU seems fine for most but its only 150W so any significant POE load will most likely fail and could kill the PSU

LodeRunner

Apr 27, 2019
that PSU seems fine for most but its only 150W so any significant POE load will most likely fail and could kill the PSU
The original PSU is only rated for like 130W. My unit with an aftermarket PSU that I think is 150 W shows a PoE budge of 124W. The spec sheets for the various PSUs should have a output curve based on temp that would give you an idea of the actual safe loading limits.

JoshDi

Jun 13, 2019
The original PSU is only rated for like 130W. My unit with an aftermarket PSU that I think is 150 W shows a PoE budge of 124W. The spec sheets for the various PSUs should have a output curve based on temp that would give you an idea of the actual safe loading limits.
fair enough - I went for a 300w unit so temperature and output arnt an issue

LodeRunner

Apr 27, 2019
fair enough - I went for a 300w unit so temperature and output arnt an issue
What model? With 300W supply, I wonder what the PoE distribution board limit is.

Also the guy I bought the PSUs from a couple years ago seriously jacked up his prices, so trying to keep a list of alternatives in case one boes burn out on me.

JoshDi

Jun 13, 2019
What model? With 300W supply, I wonder what the PoE distribution board limit is.

Also the guy I bought the PSUs from a couple years ago seriously jacked up his prices, so trying to keep a list of alternatives in case one boes burn out on me.
I went with the MEAN WELL EPP-500-54, which required some modification (removal of some of the metal casing) to get it to fit. You can see my posts on page 6 of this thread

I am also looking for alternatives to fix these devices. I came across some on ebay but have to confirm they fit

ultrabay

Oct 8, 2017
I've been trying to repair a ICX7150 with no luck. I ordered a FSP200-P35-A54 and swapped it in and swapped the pins on the connector. I get 53~ volts out of the PSU but when I connect it to the switch board and give it power, the voltage drops off entirely. Never get any lights. I'm not seeing any burn marks but guessing the board is toast?

Reactions: eduncan911

ultrabay

Oct 8, 2017
I did swap the pins because from what I could tell the polarity was backwards on the new board. This is how it is currently wired.

White is positive voltage is black is negative voltage.

IMG_4265_smol.jpg

Just to sanity check - this is the correct polarity right?

smol_pinout.jpg

Also as an aside for anyone who is retrofitting FSP200-P35-A54: There seems to be a 12V header (presumably for a fan) below the five capacitors in my picture. Would this actually help power supply longevity? I don't know but it's there.

Reactions: eduncan911