HP 600 G9 with Flex IO 10Gbe Nic (56Q71AA) - Problems with Microsoft Server (Hyper-V)

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Willi

Jan 17, 2024
Hello dear servethehome team, dear forum members!

A few months ago I was looking for 10Gbe solutions for mini PCs (Lenovo and HP).
When I read the article on your site about the HP600 G9 with the 10Gbe HP Nic, I bought such a device and also the flex adapter! An ingenious solution.
I run the HP 600 with Windows Server 2022 and the Hyper-V role. The Flex IO Nic works in "solo" mode without any problems and is super fast, but if it is integrated into the Hyper-V Switch Manager and made available for the VMs AND the host machine, there are tons of problems that I have had with other mini- PCs and other 10Gbe Nics don't have it.
For example, certain websites are no longer accessible or the NAS (in the same network!!) can no longer be accessed with Windows Explorer!
If you remove the mixed operation again, everything works completely error-free again!

Does anyone have an idea what this could be or how I can work around this problem.
Please, please no suggestions like use a different operating system..., I have reasons why it has to be exactly this Windows! :)
btw: Driver is 3.17

Many thanks for your help!
Greetings from Austr
WH