How much bandwidth have you used over the last month at home? March 2016 edition

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Patrick

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 21, 2010
Since we had so many people participate in the Feb edition looking at January figures, here is a March edition. Maybe we will try doing this monthly although I suspect we may end on a quarterly cadence.

We were away for about 40% of the month or more during February.

Herer is the Feb 2016 pic as a reminder View attachment 1548 (760GB in 44GB out)

Here is March 2016:
upload_2016-3-1_5-44-20.png

One can see march figures are way down. Also, about 1.5GB of IPv6 in March which is good to see.

Reactions: Rain

badskater

Automation Architect
May 8, 2013
Canada
A bit more downloads than usual. Guess 4k is being used a lot.

I don't put my other router which is the VPN between my colo and home. (cause, it would be over 200TB of transfers on "internal" network.)

Reactions: Rain

Rain

May 13, 2013
A bit more downloads than usual. Guess 4k is being used a lot.

I don't put my other router which is the VPN between my colo and home. (cause, it would be over 200TB of transfers on "internal" network.)
View attachment 1734

I force my VPN to reconnect twice a day via cron, and force all traffic for one particular VM through it. hence the roller coaster pattern.
@badskater @Havs What ISPs do you guys have if you don't mind me asking? 5+TB is impressive on a residential connection "at home" without raising some eyebrows and getting a phone call or letter in the mail. Are you guys outside of the US? Even Verizon FiOS business, which happily advertises "unlimited," would get pissy with that level of usage consistently.

badskater

Automation Architect
May 8, 2013
Canada
@badskater @Havs What ISPs do you guys have if you don't mind me asking? 5+TB is impressive on a residential connection "at home" without raising some eyebrows and getting a phone call or letter in the mail. Are you guys outside of the US? Even Verizon FiOS business, which happily advertises "unlimited," would get pissy with that level of usage consistently.
Personally, i'm in Canada, and have a 1gbps connection, so it's kinda fine here. They don't have the right to whine at all, if they offer unmetered here. :p

Havs

Sep 23, 2015
FIOS here. This usage is a bit more than typical. I chose a new online backup service recently. I'm usually under 3TB total. I've never gotten a call from them before.