Horaco 2.5GbE Managed Switch (8 x 2.5GbE + 1 10Gb SFP+)

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

petagergen

Oct 21, 2023
I have just purchased the managed switch version:

Device Model
ZX-SWTGW218AS​

Firmware Version
V1.3​
Firmware Date
Sep 08 2023​
Hardware Version
V1.1​

petagergen

Oct 21, 2023
Also under the tools menu there is an option to do a Firmware Upgrade
I wonder where one can find this upgrade firmware ?

AdamAu

Oct 15, 2023
I have just purchased the managed switch version:

Device Model
ZX-SWTGW218AS​

Firmware Version
V1.3​
Firmware Date
Sep 08 2023​
Hardware Version
V1.1​
Where did you purchase it from ?
did you need to request English firmware ?

mrpburke

Sep 29, 2023
Message the seller. They sent it to me but I never upgraded it since it’s working fine with the FW that came on it.

petagergen

Oct 21, 2023
Where did you purchase it from ?
did you need to request English firmware ?
I purchased it from the AliExpress Horaco Official Store
just last week.

Maybe ask/contact the store to ask if they can supply the new firmware

Screenshot_2023-10-22-09-12-33-706-edit_com.alibaba.aliexpresshd.jpg

ccie4526

Jan 25, 2021
Ok, received my switch, looks almost exactly the same (no surprise there). Firmware version 0.6 on hardware version 1.1. Part number is SL-SWTGW218AS, so my guess is the first two letters is differentiating the "selling" vendor.

Only complaint I have so far... the management interface is fixed on VLAN 1. By default, I don't use VLAN 1 for anything, and normally don't even trunk it anywhere, I only allow tagged traffic on trunks.

It's not obvious, but on the VLAN screen, even if you indicate a port should be an untagged member of a specific VLAN, you still have to go into the PVID screen and set the port VLAN there as well. This really should only be a single step, not two different steps.

Outside of that, I'm happy. NAS has 2x 2.5Gbe links into the switch on my internal VLAN, and now I'm able to bring the Xfinity 2.5Gbe link into this switch on an internet VLAN and trunk that up via the 10Gbe port.

tamuin

Oct 22, 2023
When I was looking at the 8x2.5G + 1x10G I messaged the seller asking if they were going to release a 4x2.5G + 2x10G managed version and the a bot FAQ auto response came up for the 8x2.5G + 1x10G and it included a link to v1.3 firmware

• Love
Reactions: SlowmoDK

SlowmoDK

Oct 4, 2023
I've just upgraded my Horaco that came with firmware v0.6 to v1.3 from link above without any issues :)

Last edited:
Reactions: OnnoO

kzoo

May 26, 2018
I can confirm that the Horaco 1.3 firmware runs fine on the Sodola. I received the Sodola from Amazon running version 0.6. I downloaded the file that @tamuin kindly provided and flashed my switch.

Reactions: blunden and OnnoO

devast

Jun 28, 2023
Did anyone try this new firmware with the xikestore type? Mine has hardware version v1.1 and firmware version v0.3 with a date of Jun 30 2023.

PnoT

Mar 1, 2015
Texas
In some of the AMZ reviews, I've noticed that users complain about the fan noise and that it's either ON or OFF. I was thinking about buying one of these, but I wanted to ask everyone how their fans behave.

devast

Jun 28, 2023
In some of the AMZ reviews, I've noticed that users complain about the fan noise and that it's either ON or OFF. I was thinking about buying one of these, but I wanted to ask everyone how their fans behave.
I don't know what you're talking about, as these 9 port devices have no fans at all.