Hasivo S600WP-5GT-2S+

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Serverguy85

Mar 6, 2024
Thanks very much for the original post, I was struggling to find useful info in the manual.

I do have some odd “features though”. Mine has shipped with the Feb 24 firmware. Version V1.9 - 2/2/24

whenever I change the IP address of the switch the username and password aren’t accepted anymore. If I reboot the switch so it picks up the default 192.168.0.1 the username and password works again - very odd! It feels like a firmware issue of sorts but I imagine I’ve got the latest?

i also note you state the management vlan can be set, but I cannot find anywhere in the gui where I could set this on my firmware.

These seem like really good little switches, but the two issues above are pretty big game stoppers for me. Hopefully someone knows of a way to get this working right?

Last edited:

blunden

Nov 29, 2019
Thanks very much for the original post, I was struggling to find useful info in the manual.

I do have some odd “features though”. Mine has shipped with the Feb 24 firmware. Version V1.9 - 2/2/24

whenever I change the IP address of the switch the username and password aren’t accepted anymore. If I reboot the switch so it picks up the default 192.168.0.1 the username and password works again - very odd! It feels like a firmware issue of sorts but I imagine I’ve got the latest?

i also note you state the management vlan can be set, but I cannot find anywhere in the gui where I could set this on my firmware.

These seem like really good little switches, but the two issues above are pretty big game stoppers for me. Hopefully someone knows of a way to get this working right?
What do you mean when you say it picks up the old IP when you reboot it? If you change it and save it properly it should persist across reboots.

Are you changes being saved at all? :)

Just to double check, this is the switch you bought, right? :)

Serverguy85

Mar 6, 2024
What do you mean when you say it picks up the old IP when you reboot it? If you change it and save it properly it should persist across reboots.

Are you changes being saved at all? :)

Just to double check, this is the switch you bought, right? :)
sorry that wasn't too clear from me! So, I change the IP. I then change the IP on my adapter so it’s part of the same subnet. When I do that, it forces me to login again as expected - but it doesn’t accept any login info I put into it. Obviously I can never save the IP change as I can’t log back into it.

so I reboot it, it reverts to its original IP and lo and behold I can login with the details that should have worked before. Can’t quite make any sense of it.

actually it’s not that model, it’s almost the same - 2x 10gbe rather than 1 SFP. S600w-4gt-2xe

blunden

Nov 29, 2019
sorry that wasn't too clear from me! So, I change the IP. I then change the IP on my adapter so it’s part of the same subnet. When I do that, it forces me to login again as expected - but it doesn’t accept any login info I put into it. Obviously I can never save the IP change as I can’t log back into it.

so I reboot it, it reverts to its original IP and lo and behold I can login with the details that should have worked before. Can’t quite make any sense of it.

actually it’s not that model, it’s almost the same - 2x 10gbe rather than 1 SFP. S600w-4gt-2xe
That sounds like a potentially very different switch to me. Can you send a link to it?

Generally, switches with 4 * 2.5G + 2 * 10G ports use the RTL8372 chip while the 5 * 2.5G + 2 * 10G ports are based on the RTL8373 + RTL8224 combination RTL9301. They also tend to have completely different management interface code bases.

EDIT: Is it the one below? If so, this is the wrong thread. :)

The thread below would be more appropriate in that case:

Last edited:

Serverguy85

Mar 6, 2024
That sounds like a potentially very different switch to me. Can you send a link to it?

Generally, switches with 4 * 2.5G + 2 * 10G ports use the RTL8372 chip while the 5 * 2.5G + 2 * 10G ports are based on the RTL8373 + RTL8224 combination. They also tend to have completely different management interface code bases.

EDIT: Is it the one below? If so, this is the wrong thread. :)

The thread below would be more appropriate in that case:

You're right, that's the one. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction, appreciate it.

Reactions: blunden

blunden

Nov 29, 2019
Hello, I created user 'root' to have the SSH access working but when I login it does not ask for the password at all! What a crazy 'security' - it jumps straight in the CLI without any authentication.

This is for the S600W-5GT-2S+_SE Hasivo switch
I still need to enter a password. Did you by any chance leave the password of the root user blank?

EDIT: Nevermind. I can reproduce this too now.

Last edited:

Don Demetrio

Feb 26, 2024
I still need to enter a password. Did you by any chance leave the password of the root user blank?
Well, I did put password for the root user and when entering via the web gui this password works (and obviously is requested to enter)

Other than that I like the options in the management of the switch and it looks nice. It gets a little bit warm but nothing to worry about. I bought it under the "ONTi" brand in Aliexpress and is a little bit cheaper than the other but is the same rebranded Hasivo. Later this week I'll do more tests and let you know. Plan to use it with 10G BIDI SFP (1330/1270nm) from the same vendor.

Reactions: blunden

blunden

Nov 29, 2019
Well, I did put password for the root user and when entering via the web gui this password works (and obviously is requested to enter)

Other than that I like the options in the management of the switch and it looks nice. It gets a little bit warm but nothing to worry about. I bought it under the "ONTi" brand in Aliexpress and is a little bit cheaper than the other but is the same rebranded Hasivo. Later this week I'll do more tests and let you know. Plan to use it with 10G BIDI SFP (1330/1270nm) from the same vendor.
Actually, you are right. :) I don't know why I thought it asked for a password, or maybe it did once. When I try it now, it just pulls up a shell without authentication. That's clearly broken. :D

I'll let them know. :) They are supposedly working on a firmware update with some DAC fixes for me, although I'm not sure it will actually do anything.

If you happen to come across a fix, let me know. :)

Reactions: Don Demetrio

Don Demetrio

Feb 26, 2024
Actually, you are right. :) I don't know why I thought it asked for a password, or maybe it did once. When I try it now, it just pulls up a shell without authentication. That's clearly broken. :D

I'll let them know. :) They are supposedly working on a firmware update with some DAC fixes for me, although I'm not sure it will actually do anything.

If you happen to come across a fix, let me know. :)
Wow they are working for you to provide new firmware :D You are 'served' like big telecom client then. Well I checked and my firmware shows exactly the same version (1.0.0.0) as all PoE switches here (as mine is the non PoE version). I also tried to find newer firmware without success. This fw seems a little bit old and also there is generic RealTek codename on the PCB and the switch case itself, most probably is some not completely finished RealTek software used on all these switches. But it is nothing like the other 2 switches I purchased that have already some firmware updates - 4x2.5G + 2x10G SFP - they are discussed in another thread on this forum. Currently already version 1.9 and it can be downloaded on the xikestor vendor site.

blunden

Nov 29, 2019
Wow they are working for you to provide new firmware :D You are 'served' like big telecom client then. Well I checked and my firmware shows exactly the same version (1.0.0.0) as all PoE switches here (as mine is the non PoE version). I also tried to find newer firmware without success. This fw seems a little bit old and also there is generic RealTek codename on the PCB and the switch case itself, most probably is some not completely finished RealTek software used on all these switches. But it is nothing like the other 2 switches I purchased that have already some firmware updates - 4x2.5G + 2x10G SFP - they are discussed in another thread on this forum. Currently already version 1.9 and it can be downloaded on the xikestor vendor site.
Well, that's what they say. What that means in practice remains to be seen. :D

There has been at least one firmware update for it. What firmware date does yours have?

Yes, it seems to be a generic Realtek management interface and software stack. There are hidden menus where you can change the default settings that presumably survive a factory reset, as well as a menu for uploading a new logo. Basically, the software can seemingly be customized by the company rebranding it without them having to recompile it.

Don Demetrio

Feb 26, 2024
Sadly my switch seems dead or non functioning today for no reason. I even did not have time to play with it. Today I installed it in the place where it was planned to use it and when powered on only the power led is lit and the system led stays off. I changed power supplies etc. without success. I did nothing to this device to be in this state. For me it is unreliable and I'll use the 4x2.5g+2x10G SFP switches in the future as they work perfect (and are way cool than this). I requested refund from aliexpress and will not buy this model anymore. If I have time in the future I'll maybe have a look with TTL to USB on the internal console if it is the bootloader etc. but the fact that it is malfunctioning shortly after receiving it and even without use is very bad. I have fear to trust the PoE version of these devices and I can imagine they are even hotter under load than this. Again cheap chinese shit which i snot uncommon even these days.

TheLostBoyscout

Mar 10, 2024
TX
Is it possible to change the UI language of a Hasivo S600WP-5GT-2S+ (not "_SE") switch to English?

I am trying to setup one that came with an all Chinese UI and doesn't show a language selection option at the login pop-up.

blunden

Nov 29, 2019
Is it possible to change the UI language of a Hasivo S600WP-5GT-2S+ (not "_SE") switch to English?

I am trying to setup one that came with an all Chinese UI and doesn't show a language selection option at the login pop-up.
What's the difference between the one with _SE in the name and the one without it?

Have you asked Hasivo for a firmware including English language support? I'm not sure that there is a hidden English option in it.

You could perhaps see if either of the two hidden menus I mentioned here gives you an option to change the language, although I wouldn't expect them to.

boerni666

Sep 8, 2023
Anyone can give out experiences on VLANs? Heard those cheap chinese switches like to just act like dumb switches until the Firmware booted up completely, unseperating the VLANs etc.

Looking for a cheap very smol switch for my home network. Living in a condo where the fiber modem ends up in a small enclosure with all the other ethernet ports of the other room, so i just use a managed switch to wire the fiber modem over a VLAN to my router in another room. Using a small Zyxel 5port managed switch for that, but would really like to have multi gig not just in my work/homelab room but also in the whole house.

And i wouldnt like to share my home-network with the fiber modem, etc. Does it keep the configuration after a powerloss?

blunden

Nov 29, 2019
I was always under the impression that the S600WP-5GT-2S+_SE (also known as the S600WP-5GT-2SX-SE) was based on the RTL8373 but it seems like it's actually based on the RTL9301 (or another chip in that series), which possibly means that it could be possible to unlock L3 management features. The internal RJ45 console port found on the L3 managed model is apparently also functional but unpopulated.

Some good details about the different RTL930x variants:

I decided to upload the manual since it seems to have been removed from Hasivo's site.

Last edited:
Reactions: Clipz98

blunden

Nov 29, 2019
I didn't initially upload the firmware update I got since it wasn't clear whether it was just for testing or not, but it now sounds like they probably won't send another one. Therefore it's probably fine for me to upload it.

This is for the L2 managed S600WP-5GT-2S+_SE (also labeled as S600WP-5GT-2SX-SE on the box).

EDIT: To clarify, this is the firmware that aims to improve DAC support. See the backstory and more details here. :)

EDIT 2: Warning: The firmware above makes IPv6 support worse by seemingly removing it from the CLI and hiding it even more from the web UI.

For instance, I can no longer see the link-local address of the switch by uncommenting parts of the HTML response, instead receiving "here omit the ipv6 info.". The commented out web UI for enabling SLAAC, DHCPv6 or setting a static IPv6 address and gateway is still there, but I don't know whether it still works or not since I don't currently run IPv6 inside my network due to lack of IPv6 support from my ISP.

Last edited:

blunden

Nov 29, 2019
While messing around with my S600WP-5GT-2S+_SE switch a bit more, I decided to look a bit more into the issue with changing the PoE max power setting (for those of us with the 130W PSU) was something that could be solved without a firmware update.

Output from GET /cgi/get.cgi?cmd=poe_poe&dummy=*************:

JSON:
{
    "data":    {
        "ports":    [{
                "descp":    "",
                "portEnable":    true,
                "portWatchDog":    false,
                "portStatus":    false,
                "portType":    "Auto(BT)"
            }, {
                "portType":    "Auto(AT)"
            }, {
                "portType":    "Auto(AT)"
            }, {
                "portStatus":    true,
                "portType":    "AT",
                "portLevel":    4,
                "portPowerMax":    3000,
                "portCurrent":    71,
                "portVoltage":    5189,
                "portPower":    389
            }],
        "devPower":    6500,
        "devPowerUsed":    389,
        "devPowerUsage":    "5.98%",
        "min_power":    200,
        "max_power":    1200,
        "dflt_power":    400
    }
}
Based on the devPower value when the power limit was set to 65W, it seemed as though the issue might be that it simply expected a value in mW.

Using an intercepting proxy to bypass the client-side check (by setting an allowed value and then modifying the tot_power variable in the body of the resulting POST request before sending it), I quickly found myself with a max power limit of 6600W as confirmed by the CLI. :oops:

Using the same method to change it to 130 did indeed seemingly result in the limit being raised to 130W. :D

Code:
hasivo-switch# show poe
  Get poe power:

Port  |  Enable | State |    type     | level | max-      | actual-   | voltage(V) | current(mA) | watch dog
        |         |       |             |       | power(mW) | power(mW) |            |             |
--------+---------+-------+-------------+-------+-----------+-----------+------------+-------------|-----------
  mgi1      enable    off           BT      0     12.95       N/A       51.91          N/A          disable
  mgi2      enable    off           AT      0     12.95       N/A       51.91          N/A          disable
  mgi3      enable    off           AT      0     12.95       N/A       51.91          N/A          disable
  mgi4      enable     on  Auto(   AT)      4     30.00      3.89       51.89           71          disable

Total used power: 389 (mW)
  Total power: 130 (W)
  Use power usage: 3
  Total power: 1 (W)
  Bt Ports Number: 1
NOTE: I don't see this change reflected in the output from "show running-config" in the CLI, so if that is accurate it most likely doesn't survive a reboot unfortunately. I also don't have enough PoE devices to test if it will now actually allow more than 65W of total power like it says it will.

Last edited:
Reactions: Parallax

Matt84

Jun 2, 2016
Is this switch still a worthy buy? Ideally I would like a cheap-ish 4-5 port 2.5GbE switch with 2 port 10Gb SFP+ uplink managed switch and have been looking at S600WP-5GT-2S+_SE on AliExpress.

1. What is the difference between the 5GT-2S and the 5GT-2S+_SE?
  2. Are there any outstanding issues with the 5GT-2S(+_SE)?
  3. How does this model switch compare to this similar one I found on the Hasivo site?

blunden

Nov 29, 2019
Is this switch still a worthy buy? Ideally I would like a cheap-ish 4-5 port 2.5GbE switch with 2 port 10Gb SFP+ uplink managed switch and have been looking at S600WP-5GT-2S+_SE on AliExpress.

1. What is the difference between the 5GT-2S and the 5GT-2S+_SE?
  2. Are there any outstanding issues with the 5GT-2S(+_SE)?
  3. How does this model switch compare to this similar one I found on the Hasivo site?
1. The S600WP-5GT-2S+ is the L3 managed version of the switch, while the S600WP-5GT-2S+_SE is the L2 managed version. The non-SE version also has an RJ45 console port. However, the hardware appears to be essentially the same but with additional feature enabled in the firmware. If you open up the SE version you will find the unpopulated RJ45 console port, which has been confirmed to work if you populate it yourself.

2. Yes. DAC support is hit or miss (although I managed to get them to build an updated firmware that improves it). PoE on port 1 has also been a bit inconsistent for some people, including me, but it works well on all other ports. The firmware also has some bugs, such as broken SSH (telnet works) and an inability to raise the PoE power budget (a non-issue with the default 65W PSU, and seemingly fixable by bypassing the client-side check). There might be something else I've forgotten so I'd suggest reading this thread. :)

Besides that, it's been running fine for me since last year. :)

3. They are based on two different switch chips. The S600WP-5GT-2S+_SE and non-SE is using the more powerful RTL9301, while the S600WP-4GT-2SX-SE is using the RTL8372.

My understanding is that the management interface of the newer S600WP-4GT-2SX-SE model is also slightly more limited in terms of features, but I don't own one so I'm not 100% sure that's the case. You should confirm that yourself. On the other hand, it has lower power consumption, is significantly cheaper and possibly handles DACs better. I was considering buying one myself for that reason. :) If I didn't already have the S600WP-5GT-2S+_SE (also known as the S600WP-5GT-2SX btw.), I probably would have.

On a more general note, there are people working diligently on bringing OpenWrt support to some Realtek based switches. If someone decides to implement support for the Hasivo PoE controller, we might eventually see support for some of these switches. :)