EU Gigabyte Mainboard MC12-LE0 Re1.0 AMD B550 AM4 Ryzen

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

mattlach

Aug 1, 2014
The layout is indeed not optimal but as a serverboard for virtualization node it would be fine.
True, but if I am building a server, I probably wouldn't use a consumer CPU. I guess there are Ryzen Pro CPU's, though I don't generally consider them to be in the same class as Xeon's, EPYC's or the Opterons of the past.

SlowmoDK

Oct 4, 2023
So, only Gigabit networking, m.2 is only one gen 3 lane (so it maxes out at ~985MB/s less NVMe overwhead?) and for those shortcomings, it doesn't even have a secondary 8x PCIe slot, so you can't install a server NIC of your own, almost all of which require 8x for some reason....
The second slot is open-ended, im running a dual 25gb Mellanox connectX-4, works just fine... yes I can't max both 25gbit lanes at the same time, but that never happens in real life so ...

I have 4 nvmes on a bifucation card in slot one, for 8 tb of gen4 x4 nvme

Tell me again why this board sucks ?

mattlach

Aug 1, 2014
The second slot is open-ended, im running a dual 25gb Mellanox connectX-4, works just fine... yes I can't max both 25gbit lanes at the same time, but that never happens in real life so ...
That's pretty neat. Most of my testing with using all 8x NIC's in 4x slots was on old 10gig Intel AT2 adapters, and despite only being single port 10gig adapters for which 4x gen2 should be sufficient bandwidth, these cards absolutely choked if given any less than the full 8x lanes.

I have 4 nvmes on a bifucation card in slot one, for 8 tb of gen4 x4 nvme

Tell me again why this board sucks ?
I don't think I ever said it sucks, just that I couldn't think of what to use it for. The cost is low, which is good, but it is low for a reason.

Iejciskor

Jan 5, 2024
I don’t know folks, but mine doesn’t boot. Installed Ryzen 5600 + KSM32ED8/32HC but not getting POST. BMC works, System inventory shows Ryzen 3600 for CPU and states that all 4 memory slots ( in reality only 1) are occupied. CPU temp sensor works though… very confusing

RolloZ170

Apr 24, 2016
System inventory shows Ryzen 3600 for CPU and states that all 4 memory slots ( in reality only 1) are occupied.
as usual this is the last working state reported by the successfull BIOS POST.
unless you have no POST, old data...

Iejciskor

Jan 5, 2024
as usual this is the last working state reported by the successfull BIOS POST.
unless you have no POST, old data...
Yeah. Kinda was suspecting it. Looks like the inventory is from the factory testing.

but still, no idea why it doesn’t boot. CPU seems to be alive since I can see the temperature readings, DIMM temperature is unavailable though. Any ideas on how to identify the root cause. Btw should I expect beeps on boot? The board stays silent.

SlowmoDK

Oct 4, 2023
Yeah. Kinda was suspecting it. Looks like the inventory is from the factory testing.

but still, no idea why it doesn’t boot. CPU seems to be alive since I can see the temperature readings, DIMM temperature is unavailable though. Any ideas on how to identify the root cause. Btw should I expect beeps on boot? The board stays silent.
have you updated the bios to f11 ?

I think your 5600 non x might be newer than factory shipped bios

SlowmoDK

Oct 4, 2023
also be aware the default bios has a 2 min wait for BMC before it even attempts to boot