EU Gigabyte Mainboard MC12-LE0 Re1.0 AMD B550 AM4 Ryzen

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Cruzader

Jan 1, 2021
If they match this on ebay so i can get the global shipping instead of import fees this could be somewhat tempting

netswitch

Sep 24, 2018
Thanks for the heads up, very nice deal. (wanted to get these when they were announced, ended up with asrock rack as there was more availability)

SlowmoDK

Oct 4, 2023
I just snagged 2 :)

After a bit of googling, it seems most bad press for this board comes from one guy with a batch of bad boards ?? or a bad PSU maybe

at this price I'm willing to spend some time testing these boards before they enters any production server

Cruzader

Jan 1, 2021
I found 3 posts that all mentioned 5 boards on seperate sites, so guessing they are all from same person.
Not too many other results, but thats fairly standard for Gigabyte enterprise stuff in my experience.

Im tempted to grab 4-6 for gameservers wanting a bit higher cores than my xeons.

Ive bought probably 100+ servers/mobos/shelves from that seller and have always had issues fixed regardless if their mistake or freighter.
So not too worried about being stuck with a loss if they have issues.

Reactions: SlowmoDK

SlowmoDK

Oct 4, 2023
with a HBA and something like a Intel X550-T2 this makes for a plug-and-play homeserver solution for existing rj45 networks :)

RolloZ170

Apr 24, 2016
MC12-LE0
(rev. 1.x)

AMD Ryzen™ 5000 Server Board
  • AMD Ryzen™ 5000 Series / Ryzen™ 4000 Series / Ryzen™ 3000 Series Processors
  • Dual Channel ECC / Non-ECC Unbuffered DDR4, 4 DIMMs
  • 2 x 1Gb/s LAN ports (Intel® I210-AT)
  • 1 x Dedicated management port
  • 6 x SATA 6Gb/s ports
  • Ultra-Fast M.2 with PCIe Gen3 x1 interface <---- :p :p:p:p
  • 2 x PCIe Gen4 expansion slots

Cruzader

Jan 1, 2021
Was a small sigh for me also when i saw it as x1 on chipset.
While they gave 2 usb ports x2 from cpu...

Id just put a small drive for hypervisor on them, if any flash is ever going on it they would be on a bifurcation card.

Cruzader

Jan 1, 2021
Ryzen does not have much lanes to give tho.
Thats why the boards often have a wall of * ** *** **** stuff at bottom of specs with what gets disabled if you use what.

Since they usualy put slots/ports using more lanes than cpu actualy has to offer, so cant use it all.
With 24 lanes there is not much left after x16 + x4 + x4 link to chipset.

That the x16 has bifurcation and you can use the x4 slot without getting limited down to x1 is already a win to me.
il take x1 for OS drive over what you often see, that it has x4 but actualy using it limits the x4 pci-e slot down to x1 (or fully disabled) instead.

- bifurcated x16 for potential 4/4/4/4 flash
- x4 gen4 for nic
- m.2 nvme for a OS drive that can actualy be used without disabling other stuff
- management port
Already better than most options ive looked at that would cost me 5-8x more.

SlowmoDK

Oct 4, 2023
ya it's very similar to the asrock X470D4U I'm running atm in layout

I would have loved that the x4 gen4 slot , was a gen3 x8 for better usage of older cards

rootpeer

Oct 19, 2019
Ryzen does not have much lanes to give tho.
Thats why the boards often have a wall of * ** *** **** stuff at bottom of specs with what gets disabled if you use what.

Since they usualy put slots/ports using more lanes than cpu actualy has to offer, so cant use it all.
With 24 lanes there is not much left after x16 + x4 + x4 link to chipset.

That the x16 has bifurcation and you can use the x4 slot without getting limited down to x1 is already a win to me.
il take x1 for OS drive over what you often see, that it has x4 but actualy using it limits the x4 pci-e slot down to x1 (or fully disabled) instead.

- bifurcated x16 for potential 4/4/4/4 flash
- x4 gen4 for nic
- m.2 nvme for a OS drive that can actualy be used without disabling other stuff
- management port
Already better than most options ive looked at that would cost me 5-8x more.
Does it support bifurcation though? I don't see any mention of it on the Gigabyte website.

SlowmoDK

Oct 4, 2023
My boards have arrived ... :p

Quick test setup :

CPU 3700x OK

4 x 16 GB Kingston 3200 MT/s ECC OK

Booting without any problems, bios is on F06, with F11 available on Gigabyte site

Gonna flash F11 for better compatibility with newer 5xxx cpus

Have a great New Year All:)