Fusion-io ioDrive 2 1.2TB Reference Page

warlockedyou

Sep 4, 2016
Totally agree. I want to try it but I cannot seem to find v4.0.2 of the driver and firmware anywhere on the internet.
I did some quick search and I can't seem to find anything lower than 4.1.1. Do you think maybe you can install 4.1.1 driver and then try to update the firmware to the matching pair?

acquacow

Feb 15, 2017
@acquacow - How do you generally interpret the output of "fio-status.exe -a" that Lev posted? I am trying to understand what the actual device name is based on the output.
  1. Is it an adapter type called ioMono?
  2. But then it says the device is actually called ioScale3 by Fusion-io
  3. Is ioScale3 different from another product say...io3 Flash Adapter?(I got this flash adapter name from a random driver file that I have saved for Windows)
  4. What are these naming conventions?! I am so confused o_O
1. Is it an adapter type called ioMono?
Yes, if it's not a duo with dual memory modules, then it is a Mono.

2. But then it says the device is actually called ioScale3 by Fusion-io
iodrive/ioscale are the same hardware, just different user-adjustable overprovisioning from the factory.

3. Is ioScale3 different from another product say...io3 Flash Adapter?(I got this flash adapter name from a random driver file that I have saved for Windows)
Nope, these are all the same.

4. What are these naming conventions?! I am so confused o_O
Just different marketing/development things leftover from when we had devices with multiple memory modules on them. None apply to the SX/PX 300/350 line, everything is a "mono"

Interesting that this card is a green PCB... that's probably a pre-production engineering sample, which would explain the firmware issues. You need to get that on 4.0.2 and then you should be able to upgrade it directly to current (according to the docs).

I'm not sure we had windows support in 4.0, I think that was linux only initially, so you might need to use an older CentOS liveCD to get the job done.

-- Dave

Reactions: warlockedyou

warlockedyou

Sep 4, 2016
Now I am thinking of upgrading my 1.2TB FusionIO with something bigger. Any ideas where I should start my research? :)

acquacow

Feb 15, 2017
Now I am thinking of upgrading my 1.2TB FusionIO with something bigger. Any ideas where I should start my research? :)
The 3.2 and 6.4TB SX350s are getting cheap. I'm slowly collecting 3.2s that I find deals on.

I have a dead one here as well that another member sent me that I poke at every now and then and see if I can revive. I'm currently waiting on JTAG info from an old coworker so that I can try to push an FPGA image to it.

tx12

May 17, 2019
I'm currently waiting on JTAG info from an old coworker so that I can try to push an FPGA image to it.
I can provide reversed JTAG pinout if you need it.
Any chances to get complete schematics / pcb cad files for these cards? :)

BTW, support.fusionio dot com and fusionio dot com addresses are currently not resolvable. This effectively makes all original support files and drivers off-line.

acquacow

Feb 15, 2017
I can provide reversed JTAG pinout if you need it.
Any chances to get complete schematics / pcb cad files for these cards? :)

BTW, support.fusionio dot com and fusionio dot com addresses are currently not resolvable. This effectively makes all original support files and drivers off-line.
All the drivers from the link.fusionio.com and link.sandisk.com sites are now here: Home

acquacow

Feb 15, 2017
All these resources use underlying connection to support.fusionio.com which is currently unresolvable
Hah, I just clicked thru it all and I see what you mean. I didn't realize they just used an iframe to load content off of support.fusionio.com, lol!

Well, that sucks...maybe they will fix it.

On the other hand, it's been over 5 years since WD bought SanDisk and EOL'd the ioDrives... they may have finally passed that 5-year paid support from all customers and just finally pulled the plug.

Last edited: