FS: 20 Packs of 16TB and 18TB drives

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

bilbo1337

Sep 18, 2020
Florida
I have a bunch of 16TB and 18TB drives I was going to use for Chia but changed my mind. I can accept wire and ship from Florida, US.
PM me for more details, I can give big discounts on 2+ 20 packs. They're all sealed and brand new.

40 drives ST16000NM000J: $18K

40 drives ST18000NM000J: $23K $22K

Last edited:

Layla

Game Engine Developer
Jun 21, 2016
I have a bunch of 16TB and 18TB drives I was going to use for Chia but changed my mind. I can accept wire and ship from Florida, US.
PM me for more details, I can give big discounts on 2+ 20 packs. They're all sealed and brand new.
Forum rules are that you have to post a price here - also what brand/model.

Reactions: Sleyk and Samir

thetoad

Feb 10, 2021
Haha, I just cant see myself getting these high cap drives right now. I rather get no more than 8 or 10TB. I say hold on to them, or post to Homelab sales on reddit. Many peeps looking for stuff over there as well. The STH crowd is more "deal" oriented, as in half off even the pre-surge prices. That's how low some of these guys go around here :.)
homelabsales is much more deal oriented. will be down voted to zero even if selling below the inflated market if not selling at old prices. speaking from experience :)

Samir

Post Liker and Deal Hunter Extraordinaire!
Jul 21, 2017
HSV and SFO
homelabsales is much more deal oriented. will be down voted to zero even if selling below the inflated market if not selling at old prices. speaking from experience :)
I would say this is not so much the case with 3.5" 1-4TB capacities and even some of the larger drives at >$10/TB for used drives. Generally, here it's <$10/TB.

It's all about connecting supply with demand. But unfortunately anyone that bought drives during the chia scam will need to dump their drives quick before everyone does and new drive prices return to normal.

Shadowarez

Sep 4, 2019
Yellowknife
well i am in the market for 7x 16tb Seagate IronWolf Pro Drives but upon some diggin everyone telling me wait a bit for the people who mortgaged there houses,took out huge loans from banks,loan sharks, to buy what ill need, just bought 1 16tb from amazon but that alone was $700 Cad, i can manage with that plus other drives in network then swap em out as i get drives.

BoredSysadmin

Not affiliated with Maxell
Mar 2, 2019
my ancient Nas drives are crumbling. I might go as high as $200/16TB drive in a batch of 12 that including shipping, so $2400 total.
$450/drive as OP asking now not feasible.
PM me if you're interested.

BlueFox

Legendary Member Spam Hunter Extraordinaire
Oct 26, 2015
Not sure why you lot expect the OP to sell them for half of what they're worth. You might not like current market trends, but alas, that's what they now go for. Last 18TB Seagates sold for $655 shipped (or $700+ once you consider sales tax), so there's clearly still demand.