Flash Dell XX2X2 Mezzanine card for C6100

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

jjo93sa

Apr 13, 2016
Hi,

I've got a couple of DELL C6100 XX2X2 mezzanine cards that I'm trying to flash from IR mode into IT mode. I believe these cards are based on the LSI SAS2008 chip. I've managed to flash the card successfully using LSI 9211-8i firmware, but the card doesn't seem to work properly (it detects drives, but NexentaStor always hangs on boot).

Can anyone advise what firmware I can use? If there's no suitable firmware, I'd appreciate recommendations for other HBAs (min 6 of 6G SATA ports with >2 TB drive support in IT mode).

Cheers,
james

frogtech

Jan 4, 2016
Hi,

I've got a couple of DELL C6100 XX2X2 mezzanine cards that I'm trying to flash from IR mode into IT mode. I believe these cards are based on the LSI SAS2008 chip. I've managed to flash the card successfully using LSI 9211-8i firmware, but the card doesn't seem to work properly (it detects drives, but NexentaStor always hangs on boot).

Can anyone advise what firmware I can use? If there's no suitable firmware, I'd appreciate recommendations for other HBAs (min 6 of 6G SATA ports with >2 TB drive support in IT mode).

Cheers,
james
For the C6100 probably any variant of the H200/9211-8i card will be fine. You will need to get a vertical port card for the nodes as you can't really plug cables into it when they're on the end of the PCB.

sentania

Dec 4, 2016
For the C6100 probably any variant of the H200/9211-8i card will be fine. You will need to get a vertical port card for the nodes as you can't really plug cables into it when they're on the end of the PCB.

I was able to flash the xx2x2 to IT mode using the current firmware from Avago/broadcom's site and wit worked fine.