dell c6100

1. J

Dell C6100 Remote Management Controller Certificate

Hey all, We picked up a couple Dell C6100 servers and I've been tasked with getting them up and running. A bunch of the sleds suffer from the dreaded BMC module issue (BMC Not Alive/Present). I've managed to get a couple of them fixed/flashed (thanks in part to the guide written here...
  2. M

Dell C6100 4 node 24 bay

I am not expecting to get this to disappear from my basement but I am looking for a good home for my old C6100. She is still fully functional but I have down sized and consolidated my systems over the months and now have no use for this server. I will baseline the servers prior to sale. 24 hard...
  3. S

Dell C6100 random power off - Help please

I have a Dell C6100 with the 24 bays and 4 nodes. It doesn’t matter how many nodes I power up it can be just one and randomly it will turn off. Both power supplies are lit green. Sometimes it will stay on for a day or 2 but when you power it back on it runs for about30-60 seconds and shuts off...
  4. RandyC

Dell C6100 used for openstack cluster.

I have a C6100 that I want to setup with Openstack. The only decision holding me back right now is HDD / SSD choice. Should I get some inexpensive 2TB HGST drives that have been dumped on ebay recently? Or should I get 8 Intel DC S3500 drives? (Or should I get a mix of both?) Does anyone one...
  5. J

Flash Dell XX2X2 Mezzanine card for C6100

Hi, I've got a couple of DELL C6100 XX2X2 mezzanine cards that I'm trying to flash from IR mode into IT mode. I believe these cards are based on the LSI SAS2008 chip. I've managed to flash the card successfully using LSI 9211-8i firmware, but the card doesn't seem to work properly (it detects...
  6. F

C6100 boards biting the dust at a fast clip...

I have 10 C6100 chassis [40 nodes total] running a render farm. I ordered 8 spare boards, RAM and CPUs when I got the original order. This setup is obviously on a heavy load, maxing out the CPU for hours at a time. These are located in a server room with sufficient air-conditioning, with room...