Epyc 7002/Rome boards - some new ones coming soon! (Supermicro, Asrock, Asus, Gigabyte, Tyan)

TXAG26

Aug 2, 2016
I’m a bit confused about the timing of these new boards. Epyc Rome (Zen2) chips were announced nearly a year ago. Epyc Milan (Zen3) is expected within the next couple of months. Either these new boards are way late to the Rome party or they are compatible with Milan/Zen3.

mirrormax

Apr 10, 2020
I’m a bit confused about the timing of these new boards. Epyc Rome (Zen2) chips were announced nearly a year ago. Epyc Milan (Zen3) is expected within the next couple of months. Either these new boards are way late to the Rome party or they are compatible with Milan/Zen3.
almost certain they will, Milan from all the leaks looks very similar to rome but on 7nm+ with higher ipc, but same amount of cores and tdp. leaks even say sp3 compatible.

Reactions: LenE and TXAG26

gabe-a

Sep 10, 2020
i am curious about VRM-temps when using dual epyc 7742 at 100% full load, without overclocking ??

rigth now using dual 7742 on h11dsi-nt rev.2.board at 100% full load of cpu's and getting cpuVRM to 100°C without any modification to the system.
Same here, exactly the same situation. Also I am collecting reports (there are apparently a lot!) from different users experiencing the same thing. This motherboard is garbage, class-action lawsuit-level garbage. And the supermicro support are... well...