eBay - Intel Xeon E5-2680V4 - $168

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

T_Minus

Build. Break. Fix. Repeat
Feb 15, 2015
Nice! I saw the email with the title and was like, well, that's what they were before ? is it still a deal.

Then I logged in here and saw your screenshot ;)

kapone

May 23, 2015
hmmm... linkage ... price has gone up to $160 + ship and I don't see a OBO. @kapone striking quick while the iron was hot!! :cool:

updated linkage from OP. Still $159 OBO free ship.
It was actually a few more steps. The listing came up in my alerts, I saw it and said...nah..not a good price. On a whim, I sent them a message to ask if they were willing to go lower. The whim mostly came from the fact that this seller was not one of the typical recyclers. I figured they might be... :)

Well, you saw the end result. I offered them my price in a message, they sent me an offer and the deal was done!

Reactions: itronin and T_Minus

abq

May 23, 2015
It was actually a few more steps. The listing came up in my alerts, I saw it and said...nah..not a good price. On a whim, I sent them a message to ask if they were willing to go lower. The whim mostly came from the fact that this seller was not one of the typical recyclers. I figured they might be... :)

Well, you saw the end result. I offered them my price in a message, they sent me an offer and the deal was done!
Wow, you got a true steal! Congrats on your pair of E5-2680v4 CPUs. What do you plan to do with them? There are quite a few Supemicro deals on ebay.

kapone

May 23, 2015
Wow, you got a true steal! Congrats on your pair of E5-2680v4 CPUs. What do you plan to do with them? There are quite a few Supemicro deals on ebay.
Funny, you mention that. :) Just the other day...

Screen Shot 2020-12-18 at 5.02.50 PM.png

This was essentially a barebone 2U/X10DRU-i+ system...for $166 shipped! Came with everything in pristine condition and genuine SM rails! I was looking for the 2.5" 24 bay version for a few days...and then that came up! Best part? The 24 port backplane is a straight SAS3 backplane with 6 connectors. No expander! (Perfect for what I need it for).

abq

May 23, 2015
Funny, you mention that. :) Just the other day...

View attachment 16790

This was essentially a barebone 2U/X10DRU-i+ system...for $166 shipped! Came with everything in pristine condition and genuine SM rails! I was looking for the 2.5" 24 bay version for a few days...and then that came up! Best part? The 24 port backplane is a straight SAS3 backplane with 6 connectors. No expander! (Perfect for what I need it for).
You get the most incredable deals! If you run across another and send to me, I'll give you a 20% finders fee ;)

Reactions: kapone

josh

Oct 21, 2013
hmmm... linkage ... price has gone up to $160 + ship and I don't see a OBO. @kapone striking quick while the iron was hot!! :cool:

updated linkage from OP. Still $159 OBO free ship.
Only 18 ratings on the first link. Bit of a gamble on those that's why they're lower.

Anyway esiso have accepted 150 in the past if you do bulk or get them with their servers.

kapone

May 23, 2015
Only 18 ratings on the first link
True, I was a bit concerned about that as well. But I looked up the seller's past sales, which seemed genuine, current items for sale seemed genuine, it's a US seller and then there's Ebay. Worst case, they will have to step in.

Not too worried.

josh

Oct 21, 2013
True, I was a bit concerned about that as well. But I looked up the seller's past sales, which seemed genuine, current items for sale seemed genuine, it's a US seller and then there's Ebay. Worst case, they will have to step in.

Not too worried.
I'm not located in the US so bit of a risk to take

mmo

Sep 17, 2016
The seller accepted $125 offer from me as well. You can simply message to the seller regarding the offer and seller will make the deal with you.

kapone

May 23, 2015
I'm not located in the US so bit of a risk to take
My CPUs shipped and are in transit. Will do verification once they come, but again, seems genuine.

Just because someone has low feedback, it doesn't necessarily mean they are risky.

kapone

May 23, 2015
CPUs came, exactly as described. The packaging could have been a bit better (just wrapped in lot of bubble wrap), but was good enough. The CPUs themselves are in pristine physical condition as such. Can't test them just yet, as my RAM has not arrived yet.

Reactions: Spartacus and mmo