Docker xmrig cryptonight universal

Discussion in 'Cryptocurrency Mining and Markets' started by Patrick, Feb 4, 2018.

1. Joel

Joel Active Member

Just in time... My servers are barely earning their power cost right now... :(

2. leerees

leerees Member

Thanks for the update, has the donate.h file been adjusted so that the donation level is 0?

3. Joel

Joel Active Member

Shows as 1% when I fired it up.

4. azev

azev Active Member

is there any command flags that can bring this down to "0" ???

5. leerees

leerees Member

My dual 2660v2's hash at 1010 h/s with one 4GB stick. My server originally came with 256GB, I didn't notice any difference apart from less power usage after removing all the sticks. I also underclocked the remaining stick of memory.

As for numa nodes, I tried to understand what it meant and couldn't get my head around it, so I just run one instance of XMRig and set 'cpu-affinity' to null and it auto configured it and works great. I'm not sure why people try to work out all the affinity manually if XMrig just picks the best setting automatically.

From what I've learnt the actual mining workload takes place within the L3 cache as opposed to the RAM. The most important setting I found was telling XMRig to use 23 threads as opposed to 24. I'm running XMrig 2.5.0, haven't bothered to update to 2.5.1 or 2.5.2 as there's issues. 2.5.0 also supports the hardfork.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2018
  6. Patrick

Patrick Administrator
    Staff Member

Updated the images to xmrig 2.5.2 for the hard fork. Please use this one going forward.

7. jims2321

jims2321 Active Member

Patrick,

QQ does the universal docker image also support GPU's or is it strictly cpu only?

8. Godfr33

Godfr33 Member

I’m interested in GPU support as well. Back in September of last year I had a huge issue getting my Vegas to run on Ubuntu. Lost a lot of time with the amdpro graphics issues.

Currently setting up 4 workstations with GPUs. I only own a single nvidia 1060. A rx580 and Vega 56

Although most of my crypto gains have been huge via trading on gdax. I actually traded up a bunch of ETH! Increased my holdings by 30% watching the controlled bitmex leverage shorting going on.

I’m ready to mine again!! Looking at the CLI is much more interesting than the book in gdax.

9. markarr

markarr Active Member

Maybe I'm being daft but -e variant="1" is not working for me on this image, is that the right verbage?

10. teqqyde

teqqyde New Member

I try to run the docker container under windows server with docker-ce installed. but i will not mine any coins.

Does anybody have the same problem?

11. Ottohans82

Ottohans82 New Member

Did You find a solution to drop donation to "0" ?

12. Gr8gorilla

Gr8gorilla New Member

I have recently setup docker on a cluster of Odroid XU4 boards and am trying to run the docker image from the blog post to use minergate and cpus to mine xmr. How do I know if it is working? Can anyone here be of assistance? If I can figure out the power consumption and hashrate on this guy I may buy 3 or 4 more to fill up my 24 port switch....if it is going to be worth it.