Docker xmrig cryptonight universal

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Joel

Jan 30, 2015
Just in time... My servers are barely earning their power cost right now... :(

leerees

Feb 15, 2018
Thanks for the update, has the donate.h file been adjusted so that the donation level is 0?

leerees

Feb 15, 2018
Do you think it would be possible for you to run a benchmark with just 1 ram module installed just to see if you get the same results as me ??
And how do I know how the relationship between NUMA nodes - ram sticks ?? I got a Supermicro H11SSL-i motherboard for the 7351p processor which has up to 8 ram slots
My dual 2660v2's hash at 1010 h/s with one 4GB stick. My server originally came with 256GB, I didn't notice any difference apart from less power usage after removing all the sticks. I also underclocked the remaining stick of memory.

As for numa nodes, I tried to understand what it meant and couldn't get my head around it, so I just run one instance of XMRig and set 'cpu-affinity' to null and it auto configured it and works great. I'm not sure why people try to work out all the affinity manually if XMrig just picks the best setting automatically.

From what I've learnt the actual mining workload takes place within the L3 cache as opposed to the RAM. The most important setting I found was telling XMRig to use 23 threads as opposed to 24. I'm running XMrig 2.5.0, haven't bothered to update to 2.5.1 or 2.5.2 as there's issues. 2.5.0 also supports the hardfork.

Last edited:

Patrick

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 21, 2010
Updated the images to xmrig 2.5.2 for the hard fork. Please use this one going forward.

jims2321

Jul 7, 2013
Patrick,

QQ does the universal docker image also support GPU's or is it strictly cpu only?

Godfr33

Jan 20, 2018
Patrick,

QQ does the universal docker image also support GPU's or is it strictly cpu only?

I’m interested in GPU support as well. Back in September of last year I had a huge issue getting my Vegas to run on Ubuntu. Lost a lot of time with the amdpro graphics issues.

Currently setting up 4 workstations with GPUs. I only own a single nvidia 1060. A rx580 and Vega 56

Although most of my crypto gains have been huge via trading on gdax. I actually traded up a bunch of ETH! Increased my holdings by 30% watching the controlled bitmex leverage shorting going on.

I’m ready to mine again!! Looking at the CLI is much more interesting than the book in gdax.

markarr

Oct 31, 2013
Maybe I'm being daft but -e variant="1" is not working for me on this image, is that the right verbage?

teqqyde

Oct 31, 2017
Germany
I try to run the docker container under windows server with docker-ce installed. but i will not mine any coins.

Does anybody have the same problem?

Gr8gorilla

May 15, 2018
I have recently setup docker on a cluster of Odroid XU4 boards and am trying to run the docker image from the blog post to use minergate and cpus to mine xmr. How do I know if it is working? Can anyone here be of assistance? If I can figure out the power consumption and hashrate on this guy I may buy 3 or 4 more to fill up my 24 port switch....if it is going to be worth it.

azev

Jan 18, 2013
any chance this will get updated to xmrigg 2.63 to support various coin fork ?

dassiq

Jul 10, 2017
Same here, pool doesn't change for me , it still mines at dwarfpool

general question, what is the XMR hashrate expected from 4 x E7 8870 V1, ??? I am getting about 1150 H/S

Another AEON pool (-e pool=<pooladdress> -e startport=<port>) is not working.

dassiq

Jul 10, 2017
Not sure what you are saying, but I couldn't change the pool when I specified the 'pool=' in the docker command as provided in the example on the first post.

regards

Still more stuff to add, but that now is a single docker image for aeon av2, av1 (that defaults to the STH pool so no need for priv) and for cryptonight coins.

Fake Moth

Sep 18, 2018
Transylvania
Not sure what you are saying, but I couldn't change the pool when I specified the 'pool=' in the docker command as provided in the example on the first post.

regards
Hi, first time on STH but been a lurker for years; great website, love the benchmarks, love your direction, love the open source.

I just wanted to confirm, I have the same problem with a bunch of physical and virtual machine - my usual choice is nanopool and I kinda' hate dwarfpool mainly because doesn't even show all my miners so I don't know if they are mining in fact even if the miner is reporting OK.

Point being that for a long time if you set any nanopool pool in the universal container (previously working) just hangs and throws an error like it's stuck with the dwarfish stuff. So have to default for dwarfpool... hate it, really.

Here is the command:
Code:
docker run -it -e username=XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXTHEWALLETADDRESSXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX -e workerid=PC -e pool=xmr-eu2.nanopool.org -e startport=14444 -e numthreads=4 --cpuset-cpus="0-3" servethehome/universal_cryptonight:latest

Here are the last bits, and that's the point the miner freezes, nothing else gets displayed:

Code:
[100%] Built target xmrig
$donate is empty
 * VERSIONS:     XMRig/2.6.2 libuv/1.18.0 gcc/7.3.0
 * CPU:          Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700K CPU @ 4.00GHz (1) x64 AES-NI
 * CPU L2/L3:    1.0 MB/8.0 MB
 * THREADS:      4, cryptonight, av=0, donate=0%
 * POOL #1:      stratum+tcp://xmr-usa.dwarfpool.com:14444
 * COMMANDS:     hashrate, pause, resume
[2018-09-18 08:50:26] READY (CPU) threads 4(4) huge pages 0/4 0% memory 8.0 MB

Patrick

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 21, 2010
Just as a heads-up this has been updated for the hardfork. You just need to docker pull the image again and restart the miners.

Reactions: azev

risty

Oct 6, 2016
Just as a heads-up this has been updated for the hardfork. You just need to docker pull the image again and restart the miners.
Are you planning to do a new version of containers for a new hardfork?)