Dell C6100 - Mellanox QDR VPI Daughtercard JR3P1 $130/ea

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Smalldog

Mar 18, 2013
Goodyear, AZ
This guy must still have lots of these, even thought it says 6. I bought 6 of them with the make offer over the last 2 weeks. $129 must be the lowest he's willing to go now. They are complete, and work great!

You may want to try Justin at Vista Computer, because I think he's trying to be competitive with ebay when it comes to pricing these out.

Smalldog

Mar 18, 2013
Goodyear, AZ
Voltaire Grid Director TM 4036 Smart Switch Infiniband 36 Port QDR 40GBPS TM4036 | eBay is best offer. Keep an eye out. They go for under $1000 from time to time
I just happened to get one today on eBay out of Carrollton, TX as a best offer. It's from metsales1 aka pdneiman aka theserverstore.com (they're all the same company) and probably have other ID's too, but they are *not* mobile_computer_pros. Someone I spoke with at theserverstore.com made that very clear.

Looking forward to seeing what this baby can do. Also picked up some of the dual port QDR PCIe cards that someone posted a link to eBay in great deals (not the C6100 mezzanine cards) so I can play with Windows Server 2012.

Patrick

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 21, 2010
Was talking to Peter @ The Server Store in TX this week after he gave me a call. If we wanted to do a group buy I could probably arrange. I have been wanting one also.

NetWise

Jun 29, 2012
Edmonton, AB, Canada
Well. I'm still not entirely sure how I'm going to use them but its starting to look like the universe is sending me a sign ;). Even though the VPI part makes these function like 10GbE NIC, There's no IB to Ethernet bridge or routing ports on this Voltaire - so I'd need a system with both nics working as a bridge? I'm happy enough if it is not I need 2x1gbe from each c6100 for mgmt/VM's and IB would be just for storage really.

Marsh

May 12, 2013
Just want you to know, I offered the seller to purchase 2 JR3P1 cards for the price of $116.98 each. He accepted my offer even though the auction is closed. I think he have few more cards.