Cooling the CPU, X11SDV-4C-TLN2F

MattMeyer

Apr 1, 2019
Hi, I want to place a noctua 80mm on my e300-9d cpu heatsink. In which way should I put it on? Should it blow cold air on the cpu or suck hot air away? Thnx
Blowing down into the heatsink. Out of curiousity, do you plan to run the e300-9d without the top cover? Otherwise, I'm not sure how you'll fit an 80mm fan in that small case.

AndroGen

Jan 21, 2019
Out of curiosity, do you plan to run the e300-9d without the top cover?
this is an interesting question. there is no space o place any fan on top of the heatsink, even if there would be "enough", there would be way to little space for proper airflow.
What I did with my e200 - I have replaced existing fans by the Noctua ones and installed additional (there, in the case, was one place free, covered by blind) - otherwise it was very laud as a flying jet turbine.

Last edited:

niekmv33

Feb 22, 2021
Blowing down into the heatsink. Out of curiousity, do you plan to run the e300-9d without the top cover? Otherwise, I'm not sure how you'll fit an 80mm fan in that small case.
Thanks! I've mounted it to blow air to the cpu and it seems to be cooling quite good. It runs on 57 degrees celcius with some load running.
For your information. No I won't run it without the cover. I bought a new case. A Coolermaster H100. I was so tired of all that noise from the stock fans that I bought a whole new case.

Reactions: AndroGen

CoachDitka

Jan 11, 2021
Interesting that the recommendation seems to be airflow aiming down. I am aiming airflow up, sucking air from the cpu. It’s reasonably cool in A very confined space. Low 50’s at idle, upper 50’s at heavy load.

Reactions: AndroGen

kyo77

Jul 26, 2016
I know this is quite an old thread but I made some simple clips for mounting an 80mm Noctua in a 2U case, hope it helps someone.

@kingcody What measurement units did you use for these clips? mm or cm? I want to use a service to get these printed for me.

Jax_the_Gnome

Aug 14, 2014
Portland
The IS-60 - ID-COOLING would be a perfect cooler for the Silverstone 381 case and a 12 core X11 variant, it's low profile and has a 130w TDP, the CPU only has an 85w TDP. I wish I had the ingenuity to create a bracket. Does anyone know of a service or someone that will take payment to create one?
N00b,
I got some https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08M5LN45D/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 from amazon, and ground down the retention clips to 51mm.
I'm on an x10SDV, but the ram clearance was an issue, until I bent the heatpipes a little.

Attachments