Drag to reposition cover

Brocade ICX Series (cheap & powerful 10gbE/40gbE switching)

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

speedmax

Apr 5, 2023
Hello group!
I purchased a ICX6610-48P. I love it so far.
I do have a problem with 2 POE camera (reolink RLC-510A). PD Detection Fault (they worked with my older Nortel switch)
Also, I have 2 other cam (reolink Doorbell and an other 5MP) that work like a charm.
I tried different ports, same result. For the record, I've followed the How-to guide from this tread to configure the switch.
Does any one have a fix for this?
Many tks!

fohdeesha

Kaini Industries
Nov 20, 2016
fohdeesha.com
Could you possibly answer a last, final question?

Is it possible to use the 4x10G QSFP ports on the rear of the ICX6610 for stacking and the 40G ports for data?

Many people have tried, including me, but failed. It only seems to work the other way round, i.e. 40G for stacking and 4x10G for data or all of them for stacking.

Maybe you know how, or at least know that it's definitely not possible.
You can also do just one pair of 40gb/10gbe x4 for stacking, leaving a free 40gb and 10gb x4 port on each switch for data. But no a stack config must always have atleast one 40gbgbgbg

• Love
Reactions: NablaSquaredG

sultan.of.swing

Jun 21, 2023
Hello group!
I purchased a ICX6610-48P. I love it so far.
I do have a problem with 2 POE camera (reolink RLC-510A). PD Detection Fault (they worked with my older Nortel switch)
Also, I have 2 other cam (reolink Doorbell and an other 5MP) that work like a charm.
I tried different ports, same result. For the record, I've followed the How-to guide from this tread to configure the switch.
Does any one have a fix for this?
Many tks!
I had this issue and messing with the class type fixed it.

Reactions: speedmax

epicurean

Sep 29, 2014
Is it a good idea to have rapid spanning tree enabled on these switches? I currently only have 1 1GB LAN connection from my pfsense to an ICX6450 , which is connected to 1 x icx6450 and 2 x icx7150 C12 switches. If my ISP has a better internet connection, intend to upgrade the 1GB lan to a 10GB lan connection from pfsense to switch - does this future plan matter?

Reactions: Debink

EK701

Feb 7, 2020
6610 stacking - can the 1/3/X ports (front 10g) be used for stacking? I’m pretty sure the answer is no, but wanted to confirm.

Thanks!

sultan.of.swing

Jun 21, 2023
So I am having a problem and Am not sure if it is something I am doing wrong or just me misunderstanding how this switch operates.
So normally on any switch I use I will setup a DHCP server in the switch and then setup DHCP server leases based on MAC addresses and the IP I want for that device that is connected.

So on the Brocade since the guide has you disable DHCP I have been using the Static ARP table to do the same thing, input the MAC address, the IP address I prefer and the port I want it on.

Problem I am running into is every device I have connected is following the Static ARP table except my windows PC, even if I release and renew the IP address as many times as I want.

Am I misunderstanding something here or do I just need to setup a DHCP server on the switch, also can that be done even though the switch has DHCP disabled or do I need to enable that again.

LodeRunner

Apr 27, 2019
The only DHCP being disabled in the guide is the DHCP client for the management interface and or VLAN interface. The DHCP server is something else entirely.

Start here: DHCP Servers

sultan.of.swing

Jun 21, 2023
Man this 6610 is driving me insane, I have a dhcp server running, I also have some static mappings within said dhcp server.
every device on my network is following the static mapping except my windows 11 machine.
it's just ignoring my mapping and keeps getting the same totally different address.

fohdeesha

Kaini Industries
Nov 20, 2016
fohdeesha.com
Man this 6610 is driving me insane, I have a dhcp server running, I also have some static mappings within said dhcp server.
every device on my network is following the static mapping except my windows 11 machine.
it's just ignoring my mapping and keeps getting the same totally different address.
probably has mac randomization enabled

Reactions: zunder1990

EK701

Feb 7, 2020
Issue: 6610 stack (2 physical switches) unit 2 keeps rebooting

2 6610's connected by DAC cable - unit 1 1/2/1 to unit 2 1/2/6

The stack comes up, but then unit 2 reboots with the following error:

Code:
T=10m45.4: Election, was alone --> member, ID=2, pri=0, 2U(1-2), A=u1, nbr#=0 1, reason: u1: port-up, ,xit                                                                            
T=10m49.0: Election, was member, no change, ID=2, pri=0, 2U(1-2), A=u1, nbr#=0 1, reason: u1: stk-po-chg, ,                                                                      
T=10m50.9: Election, was member, no change, ID=2, pri=0, 2U(1-2), A=u1, nbr#=0 1, reason: u1: port-up, ,                                                                            
UNIT2:Member u2 recv veri 26d60001, expect bc80002, from u1, cc4e.2485.4750, new state = out-of-sync. Will be rebooted.                                        
T=10m54.5: Election, was member, no change, ID=2, pri=0, 2U(1-2), A=u1, nbr#=0 1, reason: u1: stk-po-chg, ,                                                                      
T=10m57.3: Election, was member, no change, ID=2, pri=0, 2U(1-2), A=u1, nbr#=0 1,                                                                                                                 
UNIT2:Member u2 recv veri 2fe0001, expect bc80002, from u1, cc4e.2485.4750, new state = out-of-sync. Will be rebooted.                                            
T=11m3.6: Election, was member, no change, ID=2, pri=0, 2U(1-2), A=u1, nbr#=0 1, reason: u1: port-dw, ,                                                                             
UNIT2:Member u2 recv veri 22100001, expect bc80002, from u1, cc4e.2485.4750, new state = out-of-sync. Will be rebooted.                                        
T=11m7.3: Election, was member, no change, ID=2, pri=0, 2U(1-2), A=u1, nbr#=0 1, reason: u1: stk-po-chg, ,                                                                        
T=11m10.2: Boot request from u1 mac=cc4e.2485.4750, reason: Out of sync,                                                                                                                           
T=11m12.8: Boot request from u1 mac=cc4e.2485.4750, reason: Out of sync,                                                                                                                               Rebooting(1)...
Unit 2 was reset to factory defaults, then stacking enabled.

Unit 1 stack config looks like this:

Code:
stack unit 1
  module 1 icx6610-48p-poe-port-management-module
  module 2 icx6610-qsfp-10-port-160g-module
  module 3 icx6610-8-port-10g-dual-mode-module
  priority 128
  stack-trunk 1/2/1 to 1/2/2
  stack-port 1/2/1 1/2/6
stack unit 2
  module 1 icx6610-48p-poe-port-management-module
  module 2 icx6610-qsfp-10-port-160g-module
  module 3 icx6610-8-port-10g-dual-mode-module
  priority 128
  stack-trunk 2/2/6 to 2/2/7
  stack-port 2/2/1 2/2/6
stack enable
stack mac cc4e.2485.4750
Unit 1 1/2/1 status (when units 2 is not rebooting):

Code:
40GigabitEthernet1/2/1 is up, line protocol is up
  Port up for 0 seconds
  Hardware is 40GigabitEthernet, address is cc4e.2485.4781 (bia cc4e.2485.4781)
  Interface type is 40Gig Fiber
  Configured speed 40Gbit, actual 40Gbit, configured duplex fdx, actual fdx
  Configured mdi mode AUTO, actual none
  Stacking Port, port state is FORWARDING
  BPDU guard is Disabled, ROOT protect is Disabled, Designated protect is Disabled
  Link Error Dampening is Disabled
  STP configured to OFF, priority is level0, mac-learning is enabled
  Openflow is Disabled, Openflow Hybrid mode is Disabled,  Flow Control is OFF
  Mirror disabled, Monitor disabled
  Mac-notification is disabled
  Not member of any active trunks
  Not member of any configured trunks
  No port name
  MTU 1500 bytes, encapsulation ethernet
  300 second input rate: 0 bits/sec, 0 packets/sec, 0.00% utilization
  300 second output rate: 0 bits/sec, 0 packets/sec, 0.00% utilization
  5267 packets input, 3259452 bytes, 0 no buffer
  Received 8 broadcasts, 5255 multicasts, 4 unicasts
  2 input errors, 0 CRC, 0 frame, 0 ignored
  0 runts, 0 giants
  6078 packets output, 1784037 bytes, 0 underruns              
  Transmitted 54 broadcasts, 6024 multicasts, 0 unicasts
  0 output errors, 0 collisions
  Relay Agent Information option: Disabled

Egress queues:
Queue counters    Queued packets    Dropped Packets
    0                 566                   0
    1                   0                   0
    2                   0                   0
    3                   0                   0
    4                   0                   0
    5                 135                   0
    6                   0                   0
    7                5384                   0
And 2/2/6 (unit 2 1/2/6):

Code:
40GigabitEthernet2/2/6 is up, line protocol is up                                                                                                                                                                      
  Port up for 1 minute(s) 36 second(s)                                                                                                                                                                                 
  Hardware is 40GigabitEthernet, address is 748e.f8cf.5a4c (bia 748e.f8cf.5a4c)                                                                                                                                        
  Interface type is 40Gig Fiber                                                                                                                                                                                        
  Configured speed 40Gbit, actual 40Gbit, configured duplex fdx, actual fdx                                                                                                                                            
  Configured mdi mode AUTO, actual none                                                                                                                                                                                
  Stacking Port, port state is FORWARDING                                                                                                                                                                              
  BPDU guard is Disabled, ROOT protect is Disabled, Designated protect is Disabled                                                                                                                                     
  Link Error Dampening is Disabled                                                                                                                                                                                     
  STP configured to OFF, priority is level0, mac-learning is enabled                                                                                                                                                   
  Openflow is Disabled, Openflow Hybrid mode is Disabled,  Flow Control is OFF                                                                                                                                         
  Mirror disabled, Monitor disabled                                                                                                                                                                                    
  Mac-notification is disabled                                                                                                                                                                                         
  Not member of any active trunks                                                                                                                                                                                      
  Not member of any configured trunks                                                                                                                                                                                  
  No port name                                                                                                                                                                                                         
  MTU 1500 bytes, encapsulation ethernet                                                                                                                                                                               
  300 second input rate: 0 bits/sec, 0 packets/sec, 0.00% utilization                                                                                                                                                  
  300 second output rate: 0 bits/sec, 0 packets/sec, 0.00% utilization                                                                                                                                                 
  0 packets input, 0 bytes, 0 no buffer                                                                                                                                                                                
  Received 0 broadcasts, 0 multicasts, 0 unicasts                                                                                                                                                                      
  0 input errors, 0 CRC, 0 frame, 0 ignored                                                                                                                                                                            
  0 runts, 0 giants                                                                                                                                                                                                    
  0 packets output, 0 bytes, 0 underruns                                                                                                                                                                               
  Transmitted 0 broadcasts, 0 multicasts, 0 unicasts                                                                                                                                                                   
  0 output errors, 0 collisions                                                                                                                                                                                        
  Relay Agent Information option: Disabled                                                                                                                                                                             

Egress queues:                                                                                                                                                                                                         
Queue counters    Queued packets    Dropped Packets                                                                                                                                                                    
    0                   0                   0                                                                                                                                                                          
    1                   0                   0                                                                                                                                                                          
    2                   0                   0                                                                                                                                                                          
    3                   0                   0                                                                                                                                                                          
    4                   0                   0                                                                                                                                                                          
    5                   0                   0                                                                                                                                                                          
    6                   0                   0                                                                                                                                                                          
    7                1594                   0
I cannot figure out why unit 2 keeps rebooting.

Any ideas?

Last edited:

mintchipmadness

Nov 27, 2020
Does anyone know where I can purchase the case screws (not rack ears) for the icx7250? They seem to not be a regular screw size. I thought the ones talked about in this forum would work (MS24693S24) but the thread is too big. The actual thread size appears to be M3 (4-40) and is 4mm (3/16") long. The main issue is the head diameter. It appears to be 4/16" or about 6mm and is flat and undercut. Has anyone found a place that sells something that works without having to purchase a parts-only unit? Thank you for your help.

Wolfcastle

Jan 3, 2022
Has anyone ever tried stacking a 6610 with a 7450 using the 40G port? Thinking I might try this but given the firmware version differences, not sure this will actually work. For now both my 6610 and my 7450 are functioning independently of each other and I am using the second 40G port on both devices to connect to computers (server and my workstation).

Since these my entire home network is on these switches, I don't know how interested I am in taking down everything to try this out if I don't know that it will work.