Brocade 6610 - 48P troubleshooting during mod

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Cur76

Feb 9, 2022
Well I may have killed this little guy not sure yet.

I am working on a fan mod as outlined in this thread:

I seem to have made a mistake though and accidently grounded the red wire during modification. Currently when I try to boot the Brocade the fans in the fan tray nor the PWM/Fan mod combo get power. It's like the two fan ports are dead and not putting out power now.

I don't know if there is a way to recover from this or just learn my lesson and move on.

Thoughts (or prayers) appreciated.

dodgy route

Aug 12, 2020
Australia
Well I may have killed this little guy not sure yet.

I am working on a fan mod as outlined in this thread:

I seem to have made a mistake though and accidently grounded the red wire during modification. Currently when I try to boot the Brocade the fans in the fan tray nor the PWM/Fan mod combo get power. It's like the two fan ports are dead and not putting out power now.

I don't know if there is a way to recover from this or just learn my lesson and move on.

Thoughts (or prayers) appreciated.
So, I presume you used a multimeter to confirm output?
I don't have mine any more since recently so can't inspect, it is possible that perhaps you blew up a fuse, resistor or something that's easily enough replaceable.

Did you release the magic smoke? Is there a smell. And components visibly blown up?

It may need some going over with a magnifying glass unless you are familiar enough with circuitry.

Cur76

Feb 9, 2022
I tested with a multimeter and see 3.7volts at the 12v+ pin. I am going to pull the boards and look for damage I didn't smell anything or notice anything specific other than it just stopped working. I will likely just pick up a spare as I need the extra parts for reasons down the road anyways.