Asrock C2750D4I - No post after BIOS update and IPMI login invalid

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

denose16

Apr 29, 2021
I've been running this board for just over a year with no problem at all, and all was going well, running windows 10, it was said that updating the BIOS would resolve the IPMI issue where you couldn't log in with the default username and password.

I started with the first BIOs update with the intention of installing each one, however after running the update I've lost all visual output from the onboard VGA. I've attempted to get through the IPMI login locally with no luck and I don't know how to get into the board.

So far I've unplugged everything from the board apart from fans and 1 ram stick. Cleared the CMOS and removed the battery and shorted the onboard reset connector. When plugged in, the board lights are illuminated, and if I power on the fans spin.

For the IPMI, I've tried to get in with the default admin - admin but it just comes up as invalid and I cannot reset it. There's no way of telling if the Bios update was successful as I cannot check and I can't find much online about what to do next, as I do not want to make it worse

Are you guys able to help?

Thanks!