Any experience with ATTO ExpressSAS H608?

Discussion in 'RAID Controllers and Host Bus Adapters' started by Jesin A, Oct 30, 2015.

1. Jesin A

Jesin A New Member

I would like to know if the ATTO ExpressSAS H608 HBA card passes TRIM commands to the SATA SSDs connected to it.

I asked ATTO directly and this is the reply I got

The problem is that TRIM is a SATA option while the ATTO SAS HBAs expose devices as SCSI targets. Therefore, TRIM isn't even an option, because it's a different command set. So although you've indicated Pass through Mode ATTO doesn't provide support for the TRIM functions.

And I thought HBAs presented RAW devices to the operating systems.

2. Patriot

Patriot Moderator

they should support scsi unmap...

3. Jesin A

Jesin A New Member

So do they convert the UNMAP command to TRIM and pass it to the SATA drives?