AMD Epyc Bergamo / Genoa (9734/9534) for ~40% of MSRP (and "free" mboard) @ NewEgg (2023/07/16)

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

dmarshman

Nov 24, 2019
tl;dr

$4899 USD - AMD EPYC 9734, 112 Cores, 224 Threads w/ Tyan S8050GM4NE-2T ATX Server Motherboard

$3429 USD - AMD Epyc 9534, 64-Core/128-Threads w/ Tyan S8050GM2NE Server Motherboard

I felt like I woke up in the twilight zone this morning when, looking for an economical Epyc Rome cpu/mboard, I came across these.... o_Oo_O

Seem way too good to be true, but I triple checked the listings, the CPUs listed, etc., and can't find any red flags.. so I'm not sure what the catch is?

- direct from NewEgg (with free shipping from/to USA)
- appear to be "new" - with CPU "factory installed/burned in"

Anyone have any thoughts?

Last edited:

Samir

Post Liker and Deal Hunter Extraordinaire!
Jul 21, 2017
HSV and SFO
The 9734 is out of stock. While newegg used to be a pretty reputable retailer, I know their reputation has gone downhill in recent years after their addition of a 'marketplace' so I wouldn't trust a deal there that seems 'too good to be true'.

dmarshman

Nov 24, 2019
The 9734 is out of stock. While newegg used to be a pretty reputable retailer, I know their reputation has gone downhill in recent years after their addition of a 'marketplace' so I wouldn't trust a deal there that seems 'too good to be true'.
There was at least one available this morning.

Totally agree about NewEgg sometimes being a bit "iffy", and on the potential dubiousness of the "market sellers" - basically same potential risk as with Amazon seller's or Ebay - but these are sold, warehoused and shipped by NewEgg, so hopefully legit..

Last edited:

lopgok

Aug 14, 2017
The newegg photo says "64 cores, 192 threads". I think someone needs some math lessons...
At least the title text description is correct.

GladLock96

Nov 8, 2016
Seems like a great deal. If you got the cash and were in the market for one - I would jump on it.

Side note - can somebody tell me how to use the MCIO ports on that MB?

dmarshman

Nov 24, 2019
Seems like a great deal. If you got the cash and were in the market for one - I would jump on it.
Yes, I agree (assuming there's nothing untoward about the CPU; e.g. is it a QS CPU?).

I was part way through purchasing the parts for a Supermicro / Genoa build (MB: H13SSL-NT-O, CPU: Genoa 9224), but on seeing these I decided I'd return those parts for a refund, and pay the extra to get one of these (for the the many extra cores), so I I guess I'll find out soon enough... :)

Last edited:

autoturk

Sep 1, 2022
Yes, I agree (assuming there's nothing untoward about the CPU; e.g. is it a QS CPU?).

I was part way through purchasing the parts for a Supermicro / Genoa build (MB: H13SSL-NT-O, CPU: Genoa 9224), but on seeing these I decided I'd return those parts for a refund, and pay the extra to get one of these (for the the many extra cores), so I I guess I'll find out soon enough... :)
prices on these seem to have dropped again. How's your system doing?

IamSpartacus

Mar 14, 2016
Last edited:

IamSpartacus

Mar 14, 2016
I'm waiting for more and better Genoa motherboard options before considering upgrading myself. There's not a lot of great options at the moment. The problem is all the ATX options have either have few PCIe slot options because the 12 DIMM slots take up too much room, or they only go with 8 DIMM slots.

Reactions: wildpig1234