AMD Epyc Bergamo / Genoa (9734/9534) for ~40% of MSRP (and "free" mboard) @ NewEgg (2023/07/16)

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

dmarshman

Nov 24, 2019
tl;dr

$4899 USD - AMD EPYC 9734, 112 Cores, 224 Threads w/ Tyan S8050GM4NE-2T ATX Server Motherboard

$3429 USD - AMD Epyc 9534, 64-Core/128-Threads w/ Tyan S8050GM2NE Server Motherboard

I felt like I woke up in the twilight zone this morning when, looking for an economical Epyc Rome cpu/mboard, I came across these.... o_Oo_O

Seem way too good to be true, but I triple checked the listings, the CPUs listed, etc., and can't find any red flags.. so I'm not sure what the catch is?

- direct from NewEgg (with free shipping from/to USA)
- appear to be "new" - with CPU "factory installed/burned in"

Anyone have any thoughts?

Last edited:

Samir

Post Liker and Deal Hunter Extraordinaire!
Jul 21, 2017
HSV and SFO
The 9734 is out of stock. While newegg used to be a pretty reputable retailer, I know their reputation has gone downhill in recent years after their addition of a 'marketplace' so I wouldn't trust a deal there that seems 'too good to be true'.

dmarshman

Nov 24, 2019
The 9734 is out of stock. While newegg used to be a pretty reputable retailer, I know their reputation has gone downhill in recent years after their addition of a 'marketplace' so I wouldn't trust a deal there that seems 'too good to be true'.
There was at least one available this morning.

Totally agree about NewEgg sometimes being a bit "iffy", and on the potential dubiousness of the "market sellers" - basically same potential risk as with Amazon seller's or Ebay - but these are sold, warehoused and shipped by NewEgg, so hopefully legit..

Last edited:

lopgok

Aug 14, 2017
The newegg photo says "64 cores, 192 threads". I think someone needs some math lessons...
At least the title text description is correct.

GladLock96

Nov 8, 2016
Seems like a great deal. If you got the cash and were in the market for one - I would jump on it.

Side note - can somebody tell me how to use the MCIO ports on that MB?

dmarshman

Nov 24, 2019
Seems like a great deal. If you got the cash and were in the market for one - I would jump on it.
Yes, I agree (assuming there's nothing untoward about the CPU; e.g. is it a QS CPU?).

I was part way through purchasing the parts for a Supermicro / Genoa build (MB: H13SSL-NT-O, CPU: Genoa 9224), but on seeing these I decided I'd return those parts for a refund, and pay the extra to get one of these (for the the many extra cores), so I I guess I'll find out soon enough... :)

Last edited:

autoturk

Sep 1, 2022
Yes, I agree (assuming there's nothing untoward about the CPU; e.g. is it a QS CPU?).

I was part way through purchasing the parts for a Supermicro / Genoa build (MB: H13SSL-NT-O, CPU: Genoa 9224), but on seeing these I decided I'd return those parts for a refund, and pay the extra to get one of these (for the the many extra cores), so I I guess I'll find out soon enough... :)
prices on these seem to have dropped again. How's your system doing?

IamSpartacus

Mar 14, 2016
Last edited: