AMD EPYC 7302p+ Supermicro H11SSL-i version 2

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

n17ikh

Jul 12, 2019
I think the writing might be on the wall for my dual e5-2670 machine; I ripped the VGA connector off the board recently doing maintenance and I suspect the machine might be on borrowed time. I've been eyeing the H12/Epyc combo for a while... Is there a better bang-for-buck CPU over the 7302p if I want good single-core performance? The 7302p seems like it's in a good spot right now as far as that goes.

Kelvarr

Sep 1, 2022
I was all set on a H11SSL (swearing in my head that it was PCIe 4.0), but it looks like I'd have to go for a H12SSL if I want that.
Thanks for pointing out that Tyan S8030. I may go that route now. It's going in a CSE-846, so I'll have to buy the front panel adapter if I go that route.

I personally have never bought anything on eBay from China, so this thread has helped put me at ease, at least for TUGM.

adman_c

Feb 14, 2016
Chicago
That was REALLY quick shipping. Fedex just dropped off the box - 6 days from China to East coast.
Same--I ordered last Thursday and received my 7532/cooler bundle today. I posted in the S8030 motherboard thread that I just put everything on the testbench and I can't believe how low it idles. Was honestly expecting close to 100W idle even with just the board/cpu/memory, but I'm sitting here with proxmox installed (no VMs running) and it's idling below 50W. The cooler is shockingly good as well--ran a 10 minute prime95 test and it was still silent with the processor at 75C.

cgsmith

Sep 22, 2022
That was REALLY quick shipping. Fedex just dropped off the box - 6 days from China to East coast.
+1

Reached out for help with a combo and @ebay tugm4470 put together an awesome deal with exactly the CPU/MB/cooler combo I was looking for. Bought it on 7/2 and it was delivered early on 7/6 (east coast)! Super-happy with the whole experience!

TType85

Dec 22, 2014
Garden Grove, CA
Just received my 7402P bundle today; ordered it on the 5th (late) and it got here (So Cal) today. Everything looks good; just waiting on the memory I ordered the same day that was supposed to be here Friday but still hasn't shipped (from a place probably 1.5hr drive from me). Tempted to run down to Microcenter and buy a 16GB stick of ECC RDIMM just so I can power it on and test it :)

Andrew V

Jan 28, 2019
Quick question: I have a cse829 with an x10dru-i+ (,dual e5v4 with the 24dimm slots)

Are any of the boards mentioned in this thread a simple swap over?

Last edited:

cgsmith

Sep 22, 2022
Quick question: I have a cse829 with an x10dru-i+ (,dual e5v4 with the 24dimm slots)

I can't speak to the 829 specifically but I swapped out an x10drd for the H11SSL in a cse826. Had to move a few MB standoffs/mounts around but it was pretty simple otherwise. Just make sure it has the required PS leads.

Sean Ho

seanho.com
Nov 19, 2019
Vancouver, BC
seanho.com

I don't think that'll work -- not because of the Epyc boards, but because of your chassis being proprietary.

X10DRD series is different, SSI-EEB or narrower.

UhClem

just another Bozo on the bus
Jun 26, 2012
NH, USA
... there is diff. ebay store tugm4470-8, not the same.
Good catch!!
That kind of deceptive shenanigans might be acceptable on other platforms, but I'm pretty certain that eBay would NOT want it practiced on theirs.

Might I suggest that STHrs, most especially those who are (documented, and very satisfied) customers of the real tugm4470, contact eBay (w/ref to order #s) and let them know about this. (Both the use of the watermark on images AND the bogus-ish seller link/name under SellerInfo [the actual StoreName is very different]).

I hate sh=t like this; the only winner is the scumbag.

Cruzader

Jan 1, 2021
That kind of deceptive shenanigans might be acceptable on other platforms, but I'm pretty certain that eBay would NOT want it practiced on theirs.
Sadly eBay does not give a shit about unethical behaviour like this if the orders get delivered as promised.
They are one of the worst platforms to deal with for stuff like this.

That is why sellers plaster their logos/usernames ontop of the items in their pics.
To make them harder for others to reuse as eBay will not do anything about others copying the listing.