Amazon 55in LG OLED TV $1397

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Patrick

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 21, 2010
I may actually grab one of these. Strange that it is ~$100 less expensive than the 48" model

Marsh

May 12, 2013
Best Buy price is $1349
Do a local pickup from BB ,watch the new TV in 60 min or less

T_Minus

Build. Break. Fix. Repeat
Feb 15, 2015
I debated buying this or the Sony a couple months back.. got the sony then canceled the order.

Glad to see these are dropping in price! This TV looks awesome.

MiniKnight

Mar 30, 2012
NYC
I wonder how this would be as a big screen xbox gaming monitor or even hooking a TMM Dell box to it and using it as a family room monitor.

bob_dvb

Sep 7, 2018
Not quite London
www.orbit.me.uk
I wonder how this would be as a big screen xbox gaming monitor or even hooking a TMM Dell box to it and using it as a family room monitor.
These are absolutely astounding TVs. I have the B7 and as a broadcast engineer I can say it's the best TV I have ever owned and one of the best I have ever seen.

There is a small risk of burn in with games consoles and when used as a monitor. I only use mine for TV/Netflix/YouTube and occasionally Xbox so it doesn't impact us. Others who play the same games for hours which have fixed on screen objects like menus or targets have had issues. But the TVs do have screen refreshing tools which run automatically if scheduled and that can help.

If you want the ultimate blacks and amazing colour then this is the display.

Reactions: Markess

lowfat

Nov 25, 2016
Use a 55" C9 on my desk for gaming, media consumption, and apps that I need a lot of real estate for. OLED is such a massive improvement for gaming.

Reactions: Patrick and bob_dvb

altano

Sep 3, 2011
Los Angeles, CA
I bought the OLED55B6P 4 years ago after seeing it at a friend's house. It's the best TV I've ever owned and was worth every penny.

Just a heads up: webOS (LG's smart OS) is pretty good, and the magic wand remote is surprisingly efficient. But, since it has two kinds of ads in the home screen, I hook up an NVIDIA Shield to it and leave the TV disconnected from the internet. Obviously the Shield (and Android TV in general) is better than any TV OS anyway, but this way I don't have to see ads.

Patrick

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 21, 2010
I tried it as a monitor. The thing looks FANTASTIC! I was a bit worried about paying this much more than a LCD, and I am freaked out around burn-in, but this is amazing.

Also, I already have it set up so I can say "Alexa, turn on office TV" and "Alexa turn off office TV". Turning on was a bit harder.

StevenDTX

Aug 17, 2016
Use a 55" C9 on my desk for gaming, media consumption, and apps that I need a lot of real estate for. OLED is such a massive improvement for gaming.
Damn you! I have been thinking about an OLED for my sim rig. It would be awesome to get more than 60Hz..

Reactions: bob_dvb