32GB DDR4-2666 RDIMMs $85 ea

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

NobleX13

Oct 2, 2014
i was thinking about getting a Jingsha X99 motherboard, what specifically blew up, one of the vrm's?
I bricked it after attempting to recover from a failed BIOS flash. I was flashing a modified BIOS from the EFI shell to perform the V3 Xeon Turbo Boost hack. Something went wrong, so I connected my SOIC clip to the BIOS chip and attempted to flash the dump I made of the original BIOS prior to modification. The BIOS flash was successful per my programmer, but the system just powers on and back off over and over again. I did realize that there was no diode in circuit with the flash chip, so during programming various components of the motherboard lit up and received power through the flash chip.

NachoCDN

Apr 18, 2016
I bricked it after attempting to recover from a failed BIOS flash. I was flashing a modified BIOS from the EFI shell to perform the V3 Xeon Turbo Boost hack. Something went wrong, so I connected my SOIC clip to the BIOS chip and attempted to flash the dump I made of the original BIOS prior to modification. The BIOS flash was successful per my programmer, but the system just powers on and back off over and over again. I did realize that there was no diode in circuit with the flash chip, so during programming various components of the motherboard lit up and received power through the flash chip.
well that sucks, but thanks for the answering the question! i was looking at that motherboard, but it only has 1 PCIE-X16 slot, so i'm gonna pass and just go with a single socket motherboard.

Spartus

Mar 28, 2012
Toronto, Canada
I see two people saying TSV RAM doesn't work on Epyc, and two people saying it does.

Can anyone be a tiebreaker for me?

Specificlally it would be Rome on H11SSL-i v2 which is exactly what Jon tried

Thanks!

They don’t appear to, or at least my EPYC on an h11ssl-nc wouldn’t post with them.
Interesting. What BIOS?

I have a Dell R6415 with a 7251. Running 1 stick of the 3DS 2933 at 2400Mhz now.. will try populating 8 dimms shortly.

Decided to put 8 dimms into the other system with the 7351P. These are with the 3DS 2933 dimms. the 2666 dimms are in an operating system right now..

Looks good! I'm doubtful 16 dimms will work... but 256GB of ram for $680 is not bad at all.
Well as of now no luck with the sticks I got.

intel XeonD 15xx

1. X10SDV-TLN4F Bios 2.0C = no go
  2. X10SDV-4C-7TP4F Bios 2.0C = no go
  3. GIGABYTE MB10 Datto Motherbaord Xeon D-1521 = no go
AMD Epyc Rome
  1. H11SSL-i Rev2 Bios R2.0a with 7302P = no go
  2. ASRock Rack EPYCD8-2T Bios 2.3 with 7402P = no go
I've had similar experience on 64gb 2933 from this seller with a H11dsi (r2) board. For some reason I don't get any ecc errors that would help me locate the faulty ram, but after a couple days of sustained load I start seeing process crashes and memtest throws errors after running for a long time. It's a real PITA to bisect 16 pieces of ram with memtest taking a couple hours to find errors for each bisection step. After the first RMA cycle when I again had issues I reduced the speed to 2666 and haven't had errors since.

What I paid wouldn't have been a bad price for 2666, so I don't mind too much.

Last edited:

liuhw

Apr 24, 2020
The memory is working with X99 WS/IMPI + Xeon E5 2678 v3. The only place I found problematic is aida64 recognise this as a 8GB memory (CPU-Z, BIOS and memtest86 recognize it correctly without any manufacture though).
I also combine this with a regular 16GB RDIMM stick M393A2G40DB0-CPB and it's working flawlessly.

Edit: cannot mix them in the same channel though.

Last edited:

Don.key

Apr 10, 2020
I see two people saying TSV RAM doesn't work on Epyc, and two people saying it does.

Can anyone be a tiebreaker for me?

Specificlally it would be Rome on H11SSL-i v2 which is exactly what Jon tried

Thanks!
This is a big mess, between talks to seller and reading this forum I believe that single rank TSVs are working in 7001 EPYCs only and dual rank work with 7002 (and perhaps on 7001).

But I decided against purchasing TSV for my Rome system and went with retail 16gb 3200Mhz sticks. Sure, I will get just half of memory per $ compared to mem-store's TSVs but at least I know it will be most likely working and stable.

Do you really want to buy "very white label" memory with removed chip identifications? Memory which is known to be DoA at times as outlined in this forum which hints at very lash QA of the manufacturer. What do you think long term reliability perspectives are? Can you afford memory errors down the road and spending time to troubleshoot it / look for bad dimm causing downtime of your machine. Then you need to exchange bad Dimms with seller, test the ones he sends you as a replacement etc. Endless hassle.

Jon

Feb 28, 2016
This is a big mess, between talks to seller and reading this forum I believe that single rank TSVs are working in 7001 EPYCs only and dual rank work with 7002 (and perhaps on 7001).

But I decided against purchasing TSV for my Rome system and went with retail 16gb 3200Mhz sticks. Sure, I will get just half of memory per $ compared to mem-store's TSVs but at least I know it will be most likely working and stable.

Do you really want to buy "very white label" memory with removed chip identifications? Memory which is known to be DoA at times as outlined in this forum which hints at very lash QA of the manufacturer. What do you think long term reliability perspectives are? Can you afford memory errors down the road and spending time to troubleshoot it / look for bad dimm causing downtime of your machine. Then you need to exchange bad Dimms with seller, test the ones he sends you as a replacement etc. Endless hassle.

Personally have 2 epyc rome machine as stated in this thread.

And have these ram sticks. The 32 gig version does not work with any of my epyc machine only my intel 3647 and v4. But the 64 gig tvs work on amd epyc rome and my two mb

SO THIS does not work with AMD Rome on EPYCD8-2T and H11SSL-i not just a CPU thing you need some bios support also most probably
32GB DDR4-2666Mhz Registered DIMM (RDIMM) Memory TSV, 3DS 1S4Rx4 special price! | eBay

THIS Works
4ZC7A08716-MB 64GB DDR4-2666MHz 3DS TSV-RDIMM Memory Lenovo SR630 SR650 SR950 | eBay

Last edited:

Sacrilego

Retro Gamer
Jun 23, 2016
Bought one of the 32GB TSV sticks to test on my two boards. Both seem to work just fine with this memory and with E5 2620 V3
Asus Z10PC-D8/10G-2S BIOS: 3104- OK
Supermicro X10DAL-i BIOS 2.0b - OK
The memory shows up as "1866MHz UNKOWN SRx4 32GB RDIMM" on both.

Now I'll have to buy some more :D

Spartus

Mar 28, 2012
Toronto, Canada
Don.Key & Jon, thanks for the replies.

It's a personal use machine that I'd love to get 256 GB in if it was affordable, but I have no need for 512 GB (but do need bandwidth so no 4x64). If only the 64GB sticks work then there is just no need for it.

Thanks for summarizing!

Personally have 2 epyc rome machine as stated in this thread.

And have these ram sticks. The 32 gig version does not work with any of my epyc machine only my intel 3647 and v4. But the 64 gig tvs work on amd epyc rome and my two mb

SO THIS does not work with AMD Rome on EPYCD8-2T and H11SSL-i not just a CPU thing you need some bios support also most probably
32GB DDR4-2666Mhz Registered DIMM (RDIMM) Memory TSV, 3DS 1S4Rx4 special price! | eBay

THIS Works
4ZC7A08716-MB 64GB DDR4-2666MHz 3DS TSV-RDIMM Memory Lenovo SR630 SR650 SR950 | eBay

zer0sum

Mar 8, 2013
I bought 8 x 32GB of these TSV sticks for $622 and I'm happy to report they passed 48 hours of memtest with flying colors, and have been running 20+ virtual machines on my ESXi 7.0 box for the last few days flawlessly :D

Running them in an X10SRH-CF with an E5-2680v4, and they ran automatically at 2400mhz

Reactions: xeonguy

moniker

May 12, 2016
I ended up getting 6 sticks last july, they've worked great, up until the last month when 4 failed. I went through contacting the seller, and will see how their warranty goes. Hopefully it goes well! I'll report back when I have a resolution

Sacrilego

Retro Gamer
Jun 23, 2016
Just wanted to give a small update with my experience so far with the ram.
While doing the turbo all core mod to the latest version of the Asus Z10PC-D8/10G-2S bios, I encountered an issue where the board no longer boots and get stuck on post code B1 (Memory Training). Thinking it was the mod, I flashed the original and no change.

I found that any bios newer than 3204 for this motherboard will cause this ram to be incompatible with this board.
Maybe someone will find this information useful.
Version 3104 and 3204 work fine so far. No instabilities.
Version 3305 and newer are no good with this ram.

moniker

May 12, 2016
An update on the RMA: seller said they shipped out a package, albeit to an address that isn't mine. Going to try to get it help my USPS, but unsure if that'll end up working out. Unsure if the package has replacement DIMMs.

Somewhat disappointing to see that the seller didn't check the return address on the RMA I sent in.

frogtech

Jan 4, 2016
An update on the RMA: seller said they shipped out a package, albeit to an address that isn't mine. Going to try to get it help my USPS, but unsure if that'll end up working out. Unsure if the package has replacement DIMMs.

Somewhat disappointing to see that the seller didn't check the return address on the RMA I sent in.
You can do a package intercept if they(seller) can provide the accidental delivery address. If they will then lookup the service online. If you somehow have the full address already then go ahead. Do note they don't guarantee the service but I've had good experiences.

Don.key

Apr 10, 2020

And that's also one of the reasons why I decided against those memories. I have enough troubles with my (handpicked) hackintoshes, I do not need this kind of stuff with servers. DoA Dimms, failing dimms, incompatibility issues due to firmware updates, lock in with the dimm type, hassle of exchange and machine downtime, risk of not being able to reuse them in other machines. All that to save 50% off the price vs quality Samsung or Micron DDR4 ram? Resale value of those memories will also be very low and you risk having very unhappy customer.

It just makes no sense to me.

moniker

May 12, 2016
You can do a package intercept if they(seller) can provide the accidental delivery address. If they will then lookup the service online. If you somehow have the full address already then go ahead. Do note they don't guarantee the service but I've had good experiences.
I attempted this and it seems that the package was marked as return to sender in the meantime. I'll give them my actual address, maybe they had it returned to them? Hopefully I won't be charged for the intercept.

Sacrilego

Retro Gamer
Jun 23, 2016
And that's also one of the reasons why I decided against those memories. I have enough troubles with my (handpicked) hackintoshes, I do not need this kind of stuff with servers. DoA Dimms, failing dimms, incompatibility issues due to firmware updates, lock in with the dimm type, hassle of exchange and machine downtime, risk of not being able to reuse them in other machines. All that to save 50% off the price vs quality Samsung or Micron DDR4 ram? Resale value of those memories will also be very low and you risk having very unhappy customer.

It just makes no sense to me.
I completely agree, I would never use these for a production system. There are just too many unknowns.

But I saw a decent deal and took a risk because I'm a sucker for odd things like these. Now I'm paying the price as I worry about how long they will last. I'm only using them to mess around with a personal non-production system, but yea, not worth it.

moniker

May 12, 2016
I attempted this and it seems that the package was marked as return to sender in the meantime. I'll give them my actual address, maybe they had it returned to them? Hopefully I won't be charged for the intercept.
It doesn't seem like the intercept worked, and it looks like I might just be burned for the four sticks I bought. The seller doesn't seem to be replying to me.

josh

Oct 21, 2013
Came across this listing today, people who have gotten them, what's their failure rate like?

timd

Dec 12, 2016
higher than I would like

it is such a pain to pull servers out to swap bad dimms that I have decided to not purchase any more from this vendor. I usually get one bad dimm per order. back in the ddr3 days their quality was much higher. prices are low and tempting but as of right now I am steering clear.

Sacrilego

Retro Gamer
Jun 23, 2016
Came across this listing today, people who have gotten them, what's their failure rate like?
Mixed bag I'm afraid. So far none of mine have not had issues, but others have reported problems.

Biggest headache so far for me has been compatibility. As an example, I'm stuck on an older bios on one of my boards because the update makes the memory incompatible. This same board works perfectly fine with a Samsung kit.

****Edit****
Doubly wrong negated. Meant to say no issues other than compatibility.

Last edited: