1U Supermicro Server 6x 10GBE RJ45 X10SLH-LN6TF LGA 1150 H3 X10SLH-N6-ST031

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Tomket

Jul 4, 2023
that's impressive. might as well make a bracket for the CPU as well :) Although it might get some incidental airflow from those little 40mm guys.
You must read my mind :D so I will work on it (There is model which I want remix [from dual 80mm to one 120mm fan]. it is for socket 2011...).
I will measure it and remade :cool:

1) 120mm is too big, so extra air-flow use to cool ram?

2) add air tunel between cpu cooler and chip cooler? (It can cause air currents to collide?...idk...I can try it) = Maybe the simple solution is buy se second hand cpu cooler.

- I will have MB in my "old" Be quiet dark base pro 900 = prefer second hand big block cooler

3) I read this brochure, it may be posible little modify and use same model.

What I will remade/remix:
dual fan 80mm.jpg
dual80mm.jpg

p.s.: Sorry for my bad English, Eng. is not my native language...

Reactions: EasyRhino and nexox

nexox

May 3, 2023
What I will remade/remix:
Sorry for the absolute mess I made of that FreeCAD file, I was experimenting a bit with how to arrange things and it ended up badly. You're probably better off starting from scratch and using just one 80 or 92mm fan.

Reactions: Tomket

nexox

May 3, 2023
Well I test fitted one of my left over sample prints of the LGA2011 duct on my X10SLH and it was close enough to motivate me to try to adapt my model. I haven't tested it yet, and I probably won't until I figure out what to do with this board (I bought it just for the 1U chassis it came in,) but I can probably tweak it if anyone has feedback.

Note there's one model for M4 hex nuts and one for #6-32 thread inserts, pick the one that matches your available hardware.

Reactions: Tomket

VirtualBacon

Aug 21, 2017
I just got a chassis with one of these in, I don't need the board or CPU. Do these boards use a lot of idle power? I could do with a new board in my secondary TrueNAS box, but I don't need 6 x 10GbE

EasyRhino

Aug 6, 2019
I just got a chassis with one of these in, I don't need the board or CPU. Do these boards use a lot of idle power? I could do with a new board in my secondary TrueNAS box, but I don't need 6 x 10GbE
It was answered in the middle of this megathread, but yes the boards use a lot of power. by a "lot" i mean it's never going to go below 60W usage when idle, no matter what CPU or operating system you use. My pet theory is it's the IPMI or more likely the PLX PCI switch guzzling the energy.

which is a pity becuase the board was fun as hell. I retired mine due to electricity cost (and lack of 2.5g support) and got a mini pc as a router.

Reactions: Bert

Bert

Mar 31, 2018
It was answered in the middle of this megathread, but yes the boards use a lot of power. by a "lot" i mean it's never going to go below 60W usage when idle, no matter what CPU or operating system you use. My pet theory is it's the IPMI or more likely the PLX PCI switch guzzling the energy.

which is a pity becuase the board was fun as hell. I retired mine due to electricity cost (and lack of 2.5g support) and got a mini pc as a router.
IIRC, I think you can get the power usage down a little bit more by disabling 10Gb ports via dip switch. Am I remembering it wrong?

liyuism

Sep 6, 2023
Hello, I found this article around March because I accidentally came across an announcement selling this motherboard. After researching, I ordered a board from the US to Europe. I've read through each page but haven't seen anyone with a BIOS version that works with the E3 1200v4 series like the E3 1265L v4 or E3 1285L v4. I wonder if anyone here has succeeded in running the E3 12xx v4 CPU? Thank you.

EasyRhino

Aug 6, 2019
Hello, I found this article around March because I accidentally came across an announcement selling this motherboard. After researching, I ordered a board from the US to Europe. I've read through each page but haven't seen anyone with a BIOS version that works with the E3 1200v4 series like the E3 1265L v4 or E3 1285L v4. I wonder if anyone here has succeeded in running the E3 12xx v4 CPU? Thank you.
pretty sure everyone has been stuck with xeon v3

Reactions: liyuism