windows server 2016

1. N

how can I use non-PLP SSD on S2D?

Hi, I have M.2 non-PLP SSD on supermicro server. I found that only PLP can be used in S2D deployment, how can I use non-PLP for this? Is it possible?
  2. M

Converting HyperV to ESXi

This really is just an FYI post incase anyone searches for an issue like this. I recently decided to migrate my HyperV infrasture to my ESXi (6.7) server to consolidate my server rack. Including rewiring my entire network. The VM in question is a Plex media server running on RHEL 7.6 on 2012...
  3. G

Diagnosing SMB3 multichannel

Hey guys, new user here, so i've got a Windows server 2016 box and windows both with with 2x1gbp/s intel I350 nics and yet for some reason SMB multichannel only works one way (Server to client) The server and client have both nics on same subnet/network and they used to work perfectly fine till...
  4. T

Storage Spaces Direct Problem

Been having trouble setting up storage spaces direct. I've got my LSI 2308 controller in IT mode and tried both the p20 and now p19 firmware I'm still getting an issue with eligible drives: Verify Node and Disk Configuration Description: Verify whether node and disk configuration is suitable...
  5. M

Poor network speed on WS2016

hello, my server has very poor networking speed when copieng files from a SMB share on the server to a client. The operating system is a freshly installed Windows Server 2016. The server uses a I350 T4 NIC and has two I210/I217 LM NICs onboard. The client runs on Windows 10 and has 2 I210 NICs...