windows server

1. C

iXGBS EVENT iD 27 "Network link has been disconnected"

hello board on a SM X12 with dual X550 it happens that the #2 of the X550 gets disconnected. sometimes twice a day sometimes after four days. if this happens the link comes up again after four seconds. i iperf3 stressed the X550 for five days with ~9,46Gbits/sec full duplex between #1 and #2...
  2. Y

Avoid Samsung 980 and 990 with Windows Server

Samsung drives newer than the 970 (the last to use a Samsung nvme driver) are not reliable with Windows Server. Over the past several months I've been debugging issues with both Intel and AMD servers that reset to the bios and the SSD is not detected until a power off/on cycle. I was really...
  3. D

AMD EPYC Incorrect Number of Sockets Bug

There is a known bug with some of the AMD EPYC processors displaying the incorrect number of sockets in the Windows Task Manager. After doing research I have discovered inconsistent results. Some of the task manager screenshots are showing the correct number of CPU sockets while others are not...
  4. Z

Windows Server : Rejoining new domain with same name, keeping profiles

Hi, Quick Intentions: Re-join a new domain in a new DC server, which has same domain name and at the same time keeping existing user profiles/settings on desktops. I need some opinions on how to re-join some desktop machines to the same domain name on a different server. The story goes like...
  5. H

LSI 2308 SAS Spindown WS2k19

Hello everyone, I was wondering if anyone has ever gotten spindown working on SAS drives on pretty much any LSI adapter in IT mode? While I am able to spin down all my SATA drives, NONE of my sas drives spin down and they also don't report any supported features to the OS/applications querying...
  6. T

Consumer Radeon Cards with Windows Server No More?

3½ years ago I plugged a Radeon RX480 into a Hyper-V Server 2016 host, installed it using the standard driver package, and passed the card to a VM using DDA. It was all seamless and I could benchmark the card within the VM at pretty much baremetal performance - happy days. But that was just to...
  7. J

creating S2D using SCVMM 2016 created a system reserved partition

Hi, I have 4 servers containing both SSDs and HDDs and I have created a S2D cluster using SCVMM2016. I have noticed on one of the servers it has created a 'System Reserved partition' with drive letter. It has used small portion of the one of the SSD's to create a system reserved partition. I've...