sff

1. D

SAS, SATA, U.2, NVME, MiniSAS, HBA or RAID, OcuLink?? - Lost in Diversity

So, I think I need to ask you all for some help because being an old-timer from the 2010's and now looking to enhance my storage and disk systems... I am bedazzled by the enormous amount of various options currently available... in such a variety it makes SCSI standards look like a walk in the...
  2. B

My Customised SFF Home Server Build

Build’s Name: My Customised SFF Home Server Build Full Spec: PartPicker Link Usage Profile: Unraid Server for Containers, VM's and Storage Server Time to upgrade my home server again, decided to down size from my current Fractal Design XL to something smaller and more power efficient...
  3. MultiUser

(SOLVED) Wiwynn lyra SV315 - How to get all 10 bays working?

I bought two of these servers for a couple of nas builds. But for the life of me I can only get bays 0-3 and B0 working. Bay 4-7 and B1 seem not to be there. Do I need to set my bios differently or buy a hardware key of some sort? I have heard a little bit about something called rksata8 and...
  4. S

Setting up network/pfsense machine w/ 2.5gbe home connection

I recently got 2gig internet from Frontier (I am getting around 2.3gbe at the router) and want to revamp my home network to take advantage of the new speed and had some questions getting started. Before this I was stuck at 25-50mbps, so didn't ever really worry about any of my equipment. The...
  5. A

Cables: SFF-8643 | Oculink | Slim-SAS... etc.

Where/how/who is a great source for all the various "SFF-xxxx" storage cables? Not interested in cheap shiny fakes!
  6. R

[FS][US-CA; SF Bay Area] Two separate Dell R740s SFF Used; Full specs in thread

Hey everyone, I'm back with two R740s. They're both 8 Bay R740 SFFs that I'm looking to sell separately. The main difference between the two is that one has both sockets populated while the other only has one CPU. They're both in excellent condition as seen in the photos I posted below. The...
  7. bryan_v

[WTB][CAN/US] 1U SFF LGA2011-3 Server & x16 PCIe NVMe quad-port card

I'm looking for a few things: 1) At least one NVMe add in card for an x16 port, either 4 Mini SAS HD or 4 Occulink. Run is short and at PCIe Gen3 so a redriver is fine. 2) at least 2 short depth LGA2011-3 UP servers capable of supporting at least 2 x16 PCIe cards. CPU/RAM preferable but not...
  8. R

FS: Dell r740 SFF -- Used; Full specs in thread

Long time watcher of the channel, and I just found that there's a FS/WTB forum on here! I have an 8 Bay Dell R740 SFF that I'm looking to sell with the following specs: Small Form Factor - (SFF - 2.5in) 8-Bay Drive Cage (8 x 2.5in System Backplane) (No trays) Dual Intel Xeon Silver 4116...
  9. L

Creative 2,5" solution for Supermicro CSE829U

Hi guys, before I start getting completely off-track, i wanted to ask you for advice regarding the placement of SFF disks in my Supermicro 6028U-TR4+ Server, based on the CSE829U chassis. My current plan is to have the 12 LFF front ports conencted to an HBA, which is then passed to a VM for...
  10. M

FS [USA-IN]: Updated Price, added items: 6 x Intel Nuc Nuc8i7HVK, 20 x 8gb ddr4 Sodimm [W] Paypal

I was directed over here from a fellow redditor and figured I would list some hardware I have. Timestamps are from reddit so they show the date and my username. you can view the thread on reddit here as well: [USA-IN] [H] 7x Intel Nuc Nuc8i7HVK, built or barebones [W] Paypal : hardwareswap...
  11. N

Clarification on Expander use with JBOD

I'm building my own JBOD case using a cut down rack case, and 3x Supermicro M35T racks installed which are all SATA connections (5 per M35T - so 15 total requred) I thought you could have breakout cables from 8088 to 8077 with more than 4 SATA connections but that doesn't seem to be the case...
  12. wiretap

Newegg - ASRock x99e-ITX/ac for $209.99 AR

Heads up.. sale ends 3/31/2017.. but Newegg has an ASRock rebate program going right now. The main good deal I see is the x99e-ITX/ac going for $209.99 AR. It's a great board, with support all the way up to a 22-core/44-thread Xeon E5-2699 V4. Newegg rebate form...