Search results

1. GCM

Monero Mining Performance

Hmm, I am getting vastly lower mining rates on my E5-2670 V1s. I'm maxing out at around 400 h/s
  2. GCM

Used 8024F or ES-16-XG (Sub $1k 10g switch)

I have had zero issues with mine so far, using my Add-on DACs.
  3. GCM

ConnectX-3 drivers

Just before I give up on this card, does anyone know if ConnectX-3 (Ethernet) drivers are available in OmniOS? Googling didn't really bring up much.
  4. GCM

New video storage build

Haha, yep. Just labeled all the drives and took them out :)
  5. GCM

New video storage build

Thanks! Now comes the fun part of trying to rack it without a rack lift and solo!
  6. GCM

New video storage build

I know pictures are overdue, so here are a few!
  7. GCM

Juniper Ex3300-24T with 4 port SFP+

I use an Add-on to go from juniper to ubiquiti, works well.
  8. GCM

FreeNAS 10 and OmniOS not compatible

Also, AWS plugin is coming in November for TrueNAS, unsure if it's being implemented in FreeNAS.
  9. GCM

OmniOS rebooting at setup

Solved! It was recommended by someone in the mailing list of OmniOS to reset BIOS to optimized defaults, works perfectly now.
  10. GCM

Recorded the IPMI window.
  11. GCM

FreeNAS 10 and OmniOS not compatible

From the people I've talked to @ Ix, they're saying November.
  12. GCM

Supermicro X10DRW-iT which is a C612. I've tried installing via IPMI & Virtual Media, same issue occurs. I've disabled every form of USB3.0 support in the BIOS.
  13. GCM

So as some of you have saw, I received new storage hardware. I wanted to play around with Omni & Napp-it, but I'm having tremendous issues even getting Omni installed. I was lead to believe my reboot issue was caused by USB3.0 on the board, but I've made sure every single USB3.0 feature/BIOS...
  14. GCM

New video storage build

Won't know too much until I dive more into the configuration, however, the specs on these drives is what drove me to them. They offer excellent iops, write & read, and lifespan.
  15. GCM

New video storage build

I wanted to address a few questions in a separate post, so here it is: My core is all 10GbE, with most of it bonded. We're not ready for 40GbE yet, but I've been keeping an eye on our various teams, and expect we'll be there in the next year or so. The video workstations will have Sanlink2...
  16. GCM

New video storage build

Here are the specs for the JBOD & Headunit: Head Unit: - 2 x Quad-Core Intel Xeon Processor E5-2623 v4 2.60GHz 10MB Cache (85W) - Intel C612 Chipset - Dual Intel 10-Gigabit Ethernet (RJ45) - IPMI 2.0 with Dedicated LAN Port - 16 x 16GB PC4-19200 2400MHz DDR4 ECC Registered DIMM - 2U Chassis...
  17. GCM

New video storage build

"All of the above" ZFS replication offsite. Also S3 with versioning turned on. I'll post more pictures / updates soon. I'm trying to play around with napp-it, but OmniOS just reboots after getting to the install menu.
  18. GCM

New video storage build

What specifics would you like to know?
  19. GCM

New video storage build

It's finally here! Controller + JBOD (no onsite HA, replicating offsite) Some random stats: 256GB RAM, Dual E5, 42 * 8TB drives.
  20. GCM

Alternative to Slingbox?

Computers only is fine.