Juniper Ex3300-24T with 4 port SFP+

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

kirlcheah

Jan 24, 2015
Hi,

Was wondering if this switch is possible to use with TwinAx Active cables with the SFP+. And connect to use it on Brocade 1020 network cards?

Thanks.

Blinky 42

Aug 6, 2015
PA, USA
I'm thinking the Juniper doesn't. I didn't have luck with some Cisco Active cables but that could have been the card side, I didn't experiment too deep and just swapped for fiber.
This suggests only passive DAC cables work .. SFP+ Direct Attach Copper Cables for EX Series Switches - Technical Documentation - Support - Juniper Networks but I don't see something more definitive with some quick searching.
I don't know if the brocade cards can handle active DAC's, never used them.

(edited because skimwords got a little aggressive linking things there making it confusing)

Last edited:

kirlcheah

Jan 24, 2015
Hi, I have used the active cables with brocade with no issues. Only now is to connect it to the switch hence the question.

Scott Laird

Aug 30, 2014
I've used Juniper DAC cables between EX3300-48Ps before. Just worked.

IIRC, Brocades are picky about cable vendor IDs, and so are Junipers, so buying SFPs and fiber is probably going to be less of a hassle then finding a DAP cable that makes both ends happy.

Blinky 42

Aug 6, 2015
PA, USA
And I have a lot of passive DAC cables in use with Juniper ex3300's without issue (including new and used Arista, Cisco, Juniper, Intel and generic Startech ones) but for longer runs I just go with fiber since it is cheaper than a long active dac cable.

GCM

Aug 24, 2015
I use an Add-on to go from juniper to ubiquiti, works well.