Search results

1. F

IP Controlled Rack PDU

I am looking for some cost effective rack mountable IP controlled PDU's, I would like to say if I had six power outlets connected to 1 mains socket be able to turn on or off individual plugs without having to futs to much, it would be good if it had the ability as well to mutually exclude a set...
  2. F

Supermicro 847 Disk chassis fans.

Hi, I have a Supermicro 847 36 Bay chassis which I purchased recently, the fans are running off the SAS backplane, I would like to know if I would have any problems with what I am planning to do to quiet the system as the existing fans while they do ramp down two notches when the system is...
  3. F

Air con for my rack.

I have just brought a 42 RU rack, I have arranged seiemic mounts for it and am building a high mass false floor, my major problem is I can not locate an in floor heat pump which can cool the air and blow it over my equipment from underneeth, everything seems to be wall mount or ceiling mount or...
  4. F

Mellanox SX6036 Rail kit part #

Can anyone tell me what the part numbers for the Rail kits are for this switch, I have been looking and I have done google searches but can only find articles in relation to the whole switch being supplied with the Rail kit, not purchasing it separately.
  5. F

Regarding Rack Rails.

I have noticed that vendors tend to offer Rack Rails for mounting their systems under their own names ( quite often at inflated prices ), I have also noticed that thre are rails that have been advertised as being universal. Can you use rack inner/outer rails from one vendor with those of...
  6. F

Supermicro BMC2 management controller card

Can the above be used on regular desktop boards to provide BMC services or is it only an upgrade for supermicro boards that have no/or bad BMCs
  7. F

Just brought a brand new 42RU 600 Wide 800 Deep rack for $215.50 USD

Well yeah I just brought a big boys toy for $215.50 USD the crazy thing is it's going to cost me $319 USD to get it here LOL, I look forward to getting it all set up and realized I posted this in the wrong place, sorry admins.
  8. F

This is going sound a bit backwards 3.5->2.5 mounting bracket.

I have a NVR which is part of my CCTV system, the NVR comes with domes in it on which you can mount a 2.5 inch hard drive, the problem is 2.5 inch hard drive barring some of the Seagate ones which I am not enamored with use SMR and I don't think that SMR in a security system is a good idea...
  9. F

Amphernol Airmax to standard SFF fanout.

Does anyone know if such a beast exists? I have come across a number of backplanes using Ampernol Airmax connectors to connect the backplane to the equivilent of a 1/2 sized sort of blade server, prime example Dell Powerlogic PS6100XV. Now I know that dell makes a lot of proprietary stuff and...
  10. F

Different Quantities of E5-2690 V2's at different and diminishing prices

Intel Xeon E5-2690 v2 CPU (LGA2011) - 10 Cores, 20 Threads, 3.00GHz $125 USD - one unit 2 X Intel Xeon E5-2690 v2 CPU (LGA2011) - 10 Cores, 20 Threads, 3.00GHz $225 USD - two units 4 X Intel Xeon E5-2690 v2 CPU (LGA2011) - 10 Cores, 20 Threads, 3.00GHz $400 USD - four units 8 X Intel Xeon...
  11. F

Alcatel Omni PCX Network Switches (A12167) $52-$65USD + Postage from NZ

ALCATEL OMNI PCX NETWORK SWITCHES (A12167) $79 Starting price $99 Buy now - no reserve Note these Auctions say pick up only but I live in Christchurch, New Zealand, so if you want to bid do so, I will go and pick them up for you, sort out what the cost to send them to whatever address you want...
  12. F

5x Cisco 800 Series Routers (A12175) $52-$65USD + Postage from NZ

5X CISCO 800 SERIES ROUTERS (A12175) $79 NZD Starting price $99 Buy now. - no reserve Note these Auctions say pick up only but I live in Christchurch, New Zealand, so if you want to bid do so, I will go and pick them up for you, sort out what the cost to send them to whatever address you want...
  13. F

7 x Alcatal Omni PCX Catalyst $52 to $65 USD + Postage from NZ

I don't know if these are of interest but thought I'd throw them out there. Remember NZD is about 1/2 the value of the USD and GBP. 7x ALCATEL OMNI PCX CATALYST 2960 SERIES (A12171) $79 NZD Starting price $99 Buy now. - no reserve Note these Auctions say pick up only but I live in...
  14. F

Mellanox-SX6036-36-Ports-QSFP-FDR

I don't know if you consider these a good deal or not but I did @ 274 USD and free shipping within the US. SX-6036
  15. F

Are these actual Mellanox switches or rebrands.

Being new to this I don't know if these are Mellanox origional or rebrands. Can someone in the know have a look and give me an indication - thanks.
  16. F

Recommendations for 56Gb switch

I am looking to get a fibre switch for my 40 and 56 gb connect X3's, only needs about 10 ports but more is O.K preferrably with as smaller footprint as possible, can I have a list of vendor switches and models to look out for. I already know to be careful about some 3rd party gear like EMC so I...
  17. F

WTB: 1m hard drive power extension cable Male to Female

Quite literally I need 4 x 1m long Male to Female 4 pin Amphernol hard drive power cables. If you have the ability to make them, or know where I can get such an item please let me know. Thank you in advance.
  18. F

Which Supermicro 24 drive backplane

Hi All, I have: 9361-8i HBAs HP SAS Expanders - the large ones. IBM SAS Expanders. Can I have some SuperMicro backplane options please. I want to be able to run upto 24 x 4Tb SAS3 drives in the backplane as either SAS2 or SAS3. It's optional for the backplane to provide it's own expanders, it...
  19. F

Two E5-2640 V3 SR205

Two E5-2640 V3 SR205 Again fully tested 150NZD + postage for the pair.
  20. F

96 GB Worth of DDR3 2Rx4 PC3-10600R-9-12-22

Fully tested via Memtest on a Supermicro X8DTH-IF and X9DRA3-LN4F 300NZD + Postage cost to where ever you are.