This is going sound a bit backwards 3.5->2.5 mounting bracket.

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Falloutboy

Oct 23, 2011
I have a NVR which is part of my CCTV system, the NVR comes with domes in it on which you can mount a 2.5 inch hard drive, the problem is 2.5 inch hard drive barring some of the Seagate ones which I am not enamored with use SMR and I don't think that SMR in a security system is a good idea.

Does anyone know of a bracket that would let you connect the bracket to the base of the NVR using the 2.5 inch mounting setup and expand outward to let you mount a 3.5 inch SATA drive on it?

I appreciate it's edge case but something that needs to happen.

RTM

Jan 26, 2014
As far as I can recall people used to do something like that to install bigger disks "in" PS3's, so perhaps you can use something like this (for PS4):

Something you might want to keep in mind, should you find a solution, is that power consumption could be an issue you need to address with a separate power adapter.

Netwerkz101

Dec 27, 2015
I have a NVR which is part of my CCTV system, the NVR comes with domes in it on which you can mount a 2.5 inch hard drive
It's probably just me, but a make and model of the NVR (so people can reference what you are dealing with) might help your cause.
I read it a few times now and I am lost by what a "dome" is in this NVR.

Edit: Pictures?

Falloutboy

Oct 23, 2011
I'll take some pictures of the mounting holes inside the casing, the unit is made by a no name company called Zexi it's just a generic Hil NVR board made by a Chinese company which is in pretty much every NVR out there including Swann. When I say dome I am referring to a rounded bump stamped into the metal frame in which you put a screw head so that it is lower than or flush with the outside of the NVR case.

This adapter which is made for mounting a 2.5 inch drive into a 3.5 inch bay chassis is very similar to what I'm looking for, the difference being that this would be made to fit into a 3.5 inch drive bay and I would be wanting to put a 3.5 inch drive into the top of this and use the mounting holes on the bottom to attach it to the NVR so it wouldn't be quite wide enough and the mounting holes for the 3.5 inch hard drive wouldn't be quite high enough.

2.5 Inch drive to 3.5 inch chassis on Amazon

Falloutboy

Oct 23, 2011
I use a bracket from Icydock to mount one of my 2.5" drives inside the 3.5" drive spot in my home CCTV system. The bracket holds two 2.5" drives and it matches with the screw hole mounts of a 3.5" drive, top and sides.

Bracket on Amazon
Thanks for the response what I was looking for was basically something that lets you fit a 3.5 inch drive to a 2.5 mount like the crudely drawn picturePic.jpg