Search results

1. G

SRX300 Firmware

So just so that everyone is aware - I am having issues with Destination Nat when on 21.4R3-S3.4 - I have a fully working DNAT setup that worked just fine on 21.2R3-S3.5 that broke when I 'upgraded' to 21.4R3-S3.4. In fact it affected 2 setups. The same configuration started working again when I...
  2. G

JunOS Download

Thank you for confirming. I knew I was missing something. Appreciate the verification.
  3. G

JunOS Download

Thanks for the firmware files. Just a quick observation - I am cross checking the MD5 checksum of the firmware files provided against Juniper's website and noticed that it's not the same (checking on a mac) : The MD4 checksum of the provided firmware is : MD5 (junos-srxsme-20.4R3-S4.8.tgz)...
  4. G

Hello - do you still have Ruckus R750 still available. I need 2 of them. Thanks

Hello - do you still have Ruckus R750 still available. I need 2 of them. Thanks
  5. G

A bunch of Juniper SRX300 firewalls dumped cheap

I too would like to express my gratitude to 747builder who helped me setup my SRX300. And of course STH Forum members that helped me get into Ruckus, Brocade, Mellanox.
  6. G

(US) 90 dollar Wyse 5070 Thin client/mini-server?

Hello, So I am using one of these and it's been working fine for the last few months : WD NAS RED SSD
  7. G

Supermicro CSE-835TQ-R800B case, new for $299 + shipping

Thanks a ton. That's a bummer - It most likely won't take the cages - will check with SM to be sure before I pull the trigger on this.
  8. G

Thanks for the link. The question is whether there are some metal tabs that separate the bays - if there are then it won't take these rack. If someone who has this unit can please check and/or post some pictures - I would really appreciate it.
  9. G

So it looks like that one unit is still available - does anyone know if we will take a 2 x 5/14 bay -> 3 x 3.5 drive cage (like the SilverStone Technology RL-FS303B ) ?
  10. G

sx6036 down to $150 now

Thanks a lot RedX1 - appreciate the links.
  11. G

sx6036 down to $150 now

Hello, Do you have the list os images you downloaded and installed ? I tried to go directly to Lenovo 3.6.8012 and it failed with the following error : Error: /bin/tar: Unexpected EOF in archive /bin/tar: Unexpected EOF in archive /bin/tar: Error is not recoverable: exiting now *** Could not...
  12. G

40GBE for $200 shipped.

I would have got it just to try it out if only I had not just got a MSX6036 that now has a gateway license.
  13. G

40GBE for $200 shipped.

Looks like a good deal: Edgecore 40GBE switch : https://www.ebay.com/itm/EDGECORE-NETWORKS-MODEL-AS6701-32X-/264463341342
  14. G

Celestica D4040 32 Port QSFP 40GbE Switch $165

I lost interest when these were first discussed and I then had a C2000 motherboard that died on me. Not a good situation to be in.
  15. G

Celestica D4040 32 Port QSFP 40GbE Switch $165

Isn't this the switch that has an Intel Atom CPU C2538 that's plagued by the C2000 bug? I remember coming across this when I was considering getting one a few months ago. Finally went with a MSX6036 and licensed that to ETH mode - much safer and lower power usage. I know it's a little more...
  16. G

NETGEAR 16-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged PoE+ Switch 115W (GS316P) - $59.99

Price is up to $194.99 now - could it have been a pricing error when you posted this?
  17. G

Proxmox and pfsense missing last step

Just cut over to a new build this weekend. I can almost feel the liberation:p
  18. G

Proxmox and pfsense missing last step

I totally agree with PigLover. I have been running pfsense on Proxmox for about 6 months (my physical box got bit by the atom 2000 bug) and it has has been quite problematic. Enough to warrant to get a new box going.
  19. G

ESXI to Proxmox

I made the switch about 8 months ago. Could not be happier. For me it removes a lot of restrictions / constraints I ran into with ESXi esp. lack of support for previous generation hardware. I am really glad I made the switch and found it to be solid and stable.
  20. G

Supermicro X10SRH-CF

That’s my plan too. I have been running NFS over RDMA using Connectx-3 cards (in Infiniband though) for several months now with good results. So this MB is going to into my ‘SAN’ upgrade.