Search results

1. F

ASRock romed8-2t: Control fans via IPMI

Hi, I’m having a hard time to control fans on an ASRock romed8-2t. Via IPMI I can make and save settings but what ever settings I make, the fans will always spin at max… Even if I do someting very simple like selecting manual mode and sat duty to 20, the fan will still spin at max speed, even...
  2. F

Epyc Rome core configuration (7302)

This STH article (https://www.servethehome.com/amd-epyc-7002-rome-cpus-with-half-memory-bandwidth/) gives a good overview over Epyc Rome CPU architecture, but I need more spesific Information about the 7302. AMDs website says, the memory bandwith of this processor is 204.8 GB/s. As this is the...
  3. F

4 vs 8 RAM sticks for EPYC Rome build?

8 sticks of 32 would be best, but the budget is limited.... Going for 4 x 32 GB dual rank instead of 8 x 16 GB single rank would give the option to upgrade later. So if the 4 x 32 GB dual rank version would not come with any relevant shortcomings in performance, I would prefere that. What is the...
  4. F

4 vs 8 RAM sticks for EPYC Rome build?

I'm putting together an AMD EPYC Rome based machine. The board I'm using ist ASRock's ROMED8-2T. I'm planing to run TrueNAS Scale (Debian based). Does it matter weather I use 4 RAM sticks (32 GB, ECC, DDR4, dual rank, CL22) or 8 RAM sticks (16 GB, ECC, DDR4, single rank, CL22)?