Search results

1. mobycl1ck

confusion about implementing quota

Hello, I am a bit confused about some settings about quota in a Linux server.Escuse my noobishness. In all tutorials or documentation, there is a /home in the /etc/fstab and the usrquota and grpquota is added to the mounting point options and then the quota is enabled. Now, in my case i have a...
  2. mobycl1ck

I am doing this wrong? Firewall hardware choice

Hello STH! Had a failure on my HP T620 Plus who ran pFsense. Ran, until a power brownout bricked the M-Sata SSd and the system refused to recover. To cut the story short, went ahead and installed Opnsense on a Lenovo M720q on which installed the Intel i340 T4 from the HP T620 Plus. Now, the...
  3. mobycl1ck

What backup software for backing up physical Linux servers?

As the title says, I am interested to learn what solutions do you guys use, being that in homelab or enterprise environment. For the moment, I am using Synology ABB on a test server and it is able to run a scheduled backup with its agent, and recovered the backup succesfully. Yet, I have some...
  4. mobycl1ck

Server without obvious backup solution?

Hello STH I was assigned to manage and administer a Linux server, being it a critical part of the infrastructure.The server was initially managed by an external firm, and now the server is on prem and it came that way. Now, after initial assessment, I came to realize that the server does not...
  5. mobycl1ck

ESXi+Ubuntu VLAN confusion

Hello STH forum, I was given a task was to create a Ubuntu server virtualized under VSpere with a custom configuration. Requirements: From VSphere, senior admin added 4 NICs to the machine and told me to configure the NICs and their VLANs, as follows: NIC1 10.100.100.24/24 - VLAN 400 NIC2...
  6. mobycl1ck

Asrock Deskmini300 as a server

Hello Had the Deskmini running as my main HTPC with 3400G, 16 GB RAM 3200 and a 500GB NVMe SSD. Bought the Nvidia Shield Pro and now I am thinking about using the Deskmini 300 as an unRAID server or whatever solution comes handy. Already upgraded the CPU to the 4650G, and upgraded the BIOS, the...
  7. mobycl1ck

AWS backup solution suggestion

Hello fellow forum dwelers. I need a backup software solution able to fit the following criteria: WebGUI Server-client for all major SO, including AWS Integration with LDAP, if possible. And price, if it is free, all the better. What i tried: Managed to install Bacula on a Debian server, then...
  8. mobycl1ck

future planning for pFsense and 10Gb

Hello folks, I would like to hear your opinions on this matter. I have a HP T620 Plus with a Intel Quad NIC running pFsense. Have a 300 Mbs FTTH connection, the fiber to copper conversion is made by a small Nokia ONTG-010-P. So far, so good. Set up pFsense just to have a solid connection, only...
  9. mobycl1ck

Hello! Need some guidance!

First and foremost, I want to thank you all for offering such guides and wealth of information, I lurked for some time and I decided to register and ask some questions here. For now, I have a decision to make, I wanted a second opinion, as @Patrick so excitedly presented the TinyMiniMicro...