Search results

1. K

mlxconfig query/set (for enabling SRIOV) on MCX312A-XCBT and MCX312B-XCCT

MCX312A-XCBT (dual SFP+, CX3 non-pro) MCX312B-XCCT (dual SFP+, CX3 pro) For anyone using these cards, can you guys confirm if mlxconfig (from the MFT tools) works for querying and setting their parameters (for setting up SRIOV). I have to replace my MCX311A-XCAT (single SFP+, CX3 non-pro)...
  2. K

Problems making SR-IOV work in Proxmox for Mellanox CX3

I'm reading in some threads here that I can enable SR-IOV with the built-in mlx driver (as confirmed by @fohdeesha too) of the CX3 in Proxmox/Debian. So no need to install the aggressive MLNX_OFED driver from Nvidia and here's what I tried doing: wget...
  3. K

Asymmetric routing with pfsense and L3 switch

So I bought a Brocade ICX6610 L3 switch which I will use as the interVLAN router in my home network and just have pfsense act as a firewall and a DHCP/DNS server. I stumbled upon this old post of @kapone from the Brocade thread and to do this, I need to have these interfaces in pfsense: Transit...
  4. K

Horaco 2.5GbE Managed Switch (8 x 2.5GbE + 1 10Gb SFP+)

So is this a good 2.5GbE managed switch? https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005005943823096.html?spm=a2g0o.cart.0.0.202b38daB2QmL0&mp=1 . I know Patrick said he had some "issues" with the unmanaged version of this but I'm not entirely sure what does issues are. I'm upgrading my small (in a condo)...
  5. K

Mellanox CX311/312 OEM vs. stock variant

I'm trying to buy a couple of Mellanox SFP+ NICs for the first time and I want to make sure that I'll be buying the correct one. 1. Are there fakes of these cards from eBay like the Intel ones? 2. I know these get hot quite a bit and considering that I'll be using them in a tropical country...
  6. K

Best bang-for-the-back used 48-port POE switch with 10GbE SFP+ ports

Based on my research, we have these: Aruba S2500-48P Brocade ICX6450-48p Which is better between the two? In eBay, I see that the Brocade is cheaper. And by default, it has 2 SFP+ ports that are not enabled for 10GbE. I'm reading that a simple CLI command is what's needed to enable these for...
  7. K

Rack Cooling

My rack came with two 120mm fans (connected to a 220V outlet) on the top set as exhaust. They are no longer working now because of all the dust they accumulated over the years and I need to replace them. What are the best 120mm fans I can get for this purpose?
  8. K

Shared iGPU memory for i3-10100 on AsRock H570M-ITX/AC board

So in the UEFI of this board (and most boards), there's an option to automatically assign shared memory to the iGPU or assign discrete values up to 2GB. I have 32GB of RAM which is plenty for my use case as this will mainly be a NAS home server with Plex in it. How much shared memory should I...
  9. K

Using Dell H310 in IT mode

So I just upgraded my home NAS to use an AsRock H570M-ITX/AC board with a Dell H310 card flashed in IT mode. I have a total of 6 drives, 4 plugged in to the HBA card and 2 directly to the motherboard's SATA ports. I have Debian 11 installed and during bootup I get these: 1. Is the "overriding...
  10. K

Upgrading my home server

I have a fairly low-power home server with these specs: ASRock J5005-ITX 2x4GB SODIMM RAM 1 x 2.5" Samsung 850 EVO SSD system disk 2 x 3.5" 8TB WD White HDD 1 x 3.5" 3TB WD Red HDD HDPlex 200W NanoATX PSU Fractal Design Node 304 I have Debian 11 on it. I use MergerFs plus Snapraid for the NAS...