Search results

1. I

Nagios Blessing or Curse

We run Nagios XI work. It's a POS pile of software, but there are not a lot of alternatives for our scale unless you want to spend $$$$$$ for something like Solarwinds. Zabbix might work for some. We decided against Zabbix for obscure/idiosyncratic reasons.
  2. I

SR-IOV Added to ASRock X370 Taichi Ryzen motherboard.

Wow, I am happy to report that the 2.20 BIOS adds SR-IOV support to even my lowly Asrock AB350 Pro 4!!
  3. I

SR-IOV Added to ASRock X370 Taichi Ryzen motherboard.

@Patrick Thanks for this -- very cool! What BIOS rev are you running on that?
  4. I

Open source bare metal switches? (on the more affordable side)

Cumulus Linux and their free Cumulus VX pfSense for routing/firewall cloud router.org <-- crazy overkill vyOS bm-switch.com untangle
  5. I

12 sfp+ + 4 10gbe rj45 - Ubiquiti Edgeswitch 16xg

Hm... Mine is rock solid. Like I said, you can hear it, but I like the fact that all of the functions on it work.. as opposed to my two Quanta switches :p Having the GUI is also a nice touch for those moments when I don't want to be a CLI warrior.
  6. I

No db meter. It is louder than my gaming computer, but not by much. Some people would be fine with it, personally, I plan to put it in my garage.
  7. I

Well... mine was delivered! A few first impressions: *It's not the most impressive looking switch, but I got it working out of the box within seconds. *It seems to eat a lot of different/random SFP+ XCVRs including Finisar and Brocade, as well as DACs. *My stupid Intel x520 cards don't eat the...
  8. I

I have one that should arrive today, I'll try to find out. Do you know what commands I should run?
  9. I

What CPU is the switch running? Is it x86 or PPC or what?
  10. I

FS: Pair of E5-2407 v2 -- $190 shipped per CPU

I have a pair of E5-2407 v2 -- looking for about $190 shipped per CPU. I'd really prefer to sell them as a pair. I can provide heatware, ebay name, etc. I also previously once met up with a member locally in the southern california area.
  11. I

Quanta LB8 48x10G - $375

Sorry guys -- had a crazy weekend and didn't have a chance to look at the switch since Friday. I'll try again tomorrow. Maybe I can pull the image file I have off of mine.
  12. I

Quanta LB8 48x10G - $375

I was able to plug in and access it via console using a standard cisco cable and a USB-serial adapter. Using putty and windows 10.
  13. I

Quanta LB8 48x10G - $375

Package Manifest The LB8 and the Pronto 3780 should be the same. Anyone know how to load this up?
  14. I

Quanta LB8 48x10G - $375

So is it just me, or are there a LOT of commands we can't run on these switches that ARE in the manual?
  15. I

Quanta LB8 48x10G - $375

So I was able to boot, and log in. It says it is FastPath QOS version 1.2.0.14 Seems similar to my Lb6m so far. Can't find a GUI yet
  16. I

Quanta LB8 48x10G - $375

Mine is waiting for me at home. I will see if I can get mine to boot. @rockitlikeithott can you share the PicOS firmware?
  17. I

Quanta LB8 48x10G - $375

I contacted Quanta directly and they sent me a manual (which was nice). So far they are not willing to send an updated firmware download however. They said the LB6M and LB8 are custom HW for a particular customer. Let me know if you have need of the manual.
  18. I

Quanta LB8

Cool! Let me know if you get around to it! Thanks
  19. I

Quanta LB8

@Patrick thanks for the reply. Do you know if it has a Web Gui? Does it run a full OpenStack Linux OS? (PowerPC I assume?) Thanks for any info you can send my way...