Search results

1. A

Asrock X470DU: AMI Remote Bios Setup

In the IPMI frontend isn't any hint to access the Bios Settings. But in the ASRockRack Server Management v2.4.0 is this option and lets to the mentioned URL which reveals the Webpage asking for credentials. Within the Internet I couldn't find any hint for working credentials.
  2. A

I'm using google chrome as browser user is configured in IPMI but no ACL for remote access or bios is available -> user on bios webpage doesn't work I'am not sure if the feature is supported, but the webpage of the bios answers many thanks for your efforts! @RolloZ170
  3. A

yes - ipmi login works without any problems.
  4. A

both doesn't work and ADMIN, admin, USER, user in combination with the self set password dont work.
  5. A

If I connect my server via http://[server-ip-address]/bios/Index.html I receive a greetings of the Setup AMI Remote Bios Setup. The webpage asks for username and password. I have enabled the supervisor and user password within the Bios settings. None of this work. Which username and password...
  6. A

X470d4u Debian shutdown doesn't poweroff/turn off

RTC Alarm Power On = Disabled PCIE Devices Power On = Disabled Global C-State Control = Disabled ACPI _CSTR C1 Declaration = Auto poweroff or 'shutdown -H -P +0' = works system powers off halt = shutsdown everything, but doesn't power off and I couldn't find a hint in the logs
  7. A

Without using LVM the system powers off ... seems to be a problem of LVM in that combination with the hardware
  8. A

Because I am setting up the new server and have to migrate the old one step-by-step - I'm using the time to find a stable base. 1st I tried stable/buster - had several problems with the 4.19 kernel (and poweroff after shutdown doesn't work) - then tried the backport kernel (less kernel hw...
  9. A

Hi, I have a new system: X470d4u AMD Ryzen 5 3600 Samsung M391A4G43MB1-CTD 2666 MT/s 32GB PSU be quiet! System Power 9 400W BIOS Version 3.5 BMC Version 1.90.00 only power cable and one Ethernet Cable within LAN1 Port - no VGA cable or USB devices plugged in The challenge is, that debian...
  10. A

CPU Price/Performance for KVM Server & H.264 decoding

thanks, it seems that I have to choose the AMD, because I can't find a boxed not to expensive Xeon CPU in online shops ... Do you have a suggestion which NVidia GPU to use?
  11. A

Yes, I'm using a Sub/Preview stream for motion detection and don't have the challenge with to high load today (still on an old Core™ i5-750). But if invest some money today I want to choose the right system, you never know what comes up in the next future. From all replies above I assume, that...
  12. A

now around 10 xen containers (dns, dhcp, samba, fhem, webserver, tv recorder, game-server, test enviornments, zoneminder with zmeventnotification with ML, etc.) / I want to migrate these to docker containers and kvm vms in the future. 4 hdds software raid-1/mirroring debian linux noise is no...
  13. A

Hi, I would like to setup a new server with several docker container, KVM virtualization and zoneminder with IP cameras and H.264 encoding. Now I am struggeling, if I should choose an AMD Ryzen 5 3600 (decoding in Software) or Intel Xeon E-2226 (with Quick Sync in Hw) Or shall I use an AMD...