Asrock X470DU: AMI Remote Bios Setup

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Axel71

Jan 23, 2021
If I connect my server via http://[server-ip-address]/bios/Index.html

I receive a greetings of the Setup AMI Remote Bios Setup. The webpage asks for username and password.
I have enabled the supervisor and user password within the Bios settings.
None of this work.

Which username and password have I to use to get access remotely to the Bios Settings while the system is running?

kind regards
Axel

RolloZ170

Apr 24, 2016
ASROck Rack standard IPMI Logon
user: admin
pass: admin

can you log in root http://[server-ip-address] ?

RolloZ170

Apr 24, 2016
possibly you have to configure an user password for remote access in the IPMI Desk.

RolloZ170

Apr 24, 2016
found the BIOS element only in the Dashboard of the X570D4U but not in X470DU.
are you sure your Board supports it ?

Reactions: ramblinreck47

Axel71

Jan 23, 2021
  • I'm using google chrome as browser
  • user is configured in IPMI but no ACL for remote access or bios is available -> user on bios webpage doesn't work
  • I'am not sure if the feature is supported, but the webpage of the bios answers
1642592482488.png

Reactions: RolloZ170

NablaSquaredG

Layer 1 Magician
Aug 17, 2020
Yeah as far as I know it's just not properly implemented in ASRock BMCs (at least on the ASRock boards I own it doesn't even show up in the options of the IPMI, haven't tried reaching it via URL yet)

Axel71

Jan 23, 2021
In the IPMI frontend isn't any hint to access the Bios Settings. But in the ASRockRack Server Management v2.4.0 is this option and lets to the mentioned URL which reveals the Webpage asking for credentials. Within the Internet I couldn't find any hint for working credentials.

BeBu

Jan 30, 2022
Having issue with updating the BIOS for my motherboard "ROMED6U-2L2T" and I stumbled on the same AMI BIOS page but couldn't use any login/password combination to get to it.

BeBu

Jan 30, 2022
Thanks. That's correct. However I couldn't apply V1.10 of the BIOS by using that method.

BeBu

Jan 30, 2022
I am using this board with an EPYC Milan processor (7443P) and I can't post until the BIOS is updated. So as far as I know, the only option is using remote. When I use remote option ("maintenance" --> Bios Update), no error is reported but after the remote console is refreshed, BIOS still shows V1.00 and there are not a lot of BIOS versions to try out. Asrock only has V1.00 (currently installed) and V1.10 which i can't upgrade to. May have to contact support.

RolloZ170

Apr 24, 2016
BIOS still shows V1.00
after BIOS update per IPMI a complete POST is required too update this information.
this is done by the BIOS&CPU !
so is your system Posting ?
Note: after a BIOS update it takes a looooooooooooooooooooooooong time to get alive.
somtimes a power cycle is required too.

GlendonK

Feb 1, 2023
If I connect my server via http://[server-ip-address]/bios/Index.html

I receive a greetings of the Setup AMI Remote Bios Setup. The webpage asks for username and password.
I have enabled the supervisor and user password within the Bios settings.
None of this work.

Which username and password have I to use to get access remotely to the Bios Settings while the system is running?

kind regards
Axel
I'm looking for an answer to this. @Axel71 Did you ever figure it out?