Search results

1. L

Need a PoE+ Switch with PoE Schedule or CLI

Hello, I'm in search of a PoE+ Switch with 5-8 ports (at least 5 required) that features a scheduling function to automatically power devices on or off within specific timeframes. Ideally, the switch would also offer 1-2 SFP+ ports for 10GbE uplinks, though this is optional. If a scheduling...
  2. L

Upgrade to Fiber, what switch?

Hi, I'm considering upgrading my apartment's network to fiber (FTTR) to familiarize myself with the technology. Currently, my setup is based on Unifi devices, but I'm interested in exploring other brands, particularly MikroTik, such as the CRS309-1G-8S+IN switch. My objective is to acquire a...
  3. L

Gateway / Firewall for Failover and LoadBalancing

Hi, can someone help me out? I have 3 WAN Connections. 1x Cable with 100 MBit/s and 2x 5G with 400 MBit/s. The problem is, that the 5G Connections are limited to about 100GB a Day and then they are rate limited to a 64 kb/s. Currently I'm using OPNSense, but it has some problems. For example...
  4. L

How to combine several "bad" Internet Connections

Hey Guys, I need an advice. In my house I have several bad Internet Connections. My current primary connection is Starlink, but here I have "just" 100-150 MBit Down and 20 MBit up. I have a PtMP 5GHz Connection with "promissed" 50 MBit Symmetrical, but in reality just about 10-20 MBit in each...
  5. L

How to store a lot of small files?

Hey Guys, I need a little bit help. I need to store a lot of small files. The files are binary like images for example or text files. Both file types are about 100k large. I need to be able to recall the file by a path or an unique ID. Like a normal path in a Unix / Win OS, a String like in S3...
  6. L

Storage in Datacenter and "Cache" at home

Hey guys, I have currently a problem. My Internet in my Home-Office is slow. Here I get max 100 MBit down and 10MBit up. But most of my work, I have in the Datacenter on a TrueNAS ZFS. I tried to solve the problem with a Home-Server. To have some kind of files at home (for example static data...
  7. L

Using EXOS drives for NVR

Hi, in my Main Storage Server at home, currently I have 10 drives with 16TB. These drives are Seagate EXOS X16 Drives and are running in a Raidz2. In my NVR I currently have a WD Purple Drive with 5TB. And in case of an alert, the NVR will also backup to the Main Storage Server. My current...
  8. L

Proxy Server to archive visited websites

Hey guys, I have a problem, I'd like to solve. Maybe some one can help me with it. I need some kind of caching proxy with a permanent cache. Something like archive.org. The main problem I'm facing is, that sometimes I'm reading an article on a website. Accidentally I click on a link in the...
  9. L

Using old drives in a new system

Hey guys, currently I have a problem with my server. I’m using ZFS on linux. In my current configuration I’ve got 4x 3TB drives as raidz1 and 2x 4TB drives as mirror. Both put together into a single pool: config: NAME STATE READ WRITE CKSUM data1 DEGRADED 0 0...
  10. L

I need a new controller

Hi, in my current machine I have a LSI SAS3081E-R Controller flashed with IT firmware. I have. 8x 2TB Drives connected to this controller. On the server I have Ubuntu Linux and ZFS as Filesystem. Now I want to upgrade the machine to 8x10TB. The SAS3081E-R Controller just supports up to 2TB...