Search results

1. B

Configuring Dell NICs in non-Dell servers

I bought what turned out to be a Dell OEM X550-T2 a few years back. Now, I installed it into my new ESXi build hoping to use it for networking. It appears in the console as "Intel(R) Ethernet 10G 2P X550-t Adapter". I was planning to enable and use SR-IOV, but it appears as "not capable" in...
  2. B

H11SSL-i and a quad m.2 adapter

I tried a quad and a dual populated m.2 adapters as well as a dual PCI to SFF-8643 with 2 attached u.2 drives. The board won't boot no matter what, won't even show the boot splash screen. I tried to bifurcate the slot before inserting the adapters, but the board still hangs. Works fine when I...
  3. B

Cisco C3850 Network module

Has anyone tried C9300 network modules on C3850. Long time ago I stumbled upon an article that I can't find anymore, where the author claimed that after a firmware update c3850-nm-2-40gb module stopped working on C3850, yet C9300-NM-2Q worked just fine. These are 40gb modules, I am mostly...
  4. B

Dell R740XD latch

Scored a free R740XD at work, but it has an interesting problem, the latch on the top cover doesn't go all the way in. I have a small rack and it touches the server above even when it's completely closed. I noticed that here is a small pin inside that could be on the way - it's hard to tell. I...
  5. B

Dell 9305-16e

Does anyone have any experience troubleshooting Dell 9305-16e? The card is recognized just fine - I can see it in LSA. I flashed the latest firmware from Broadcom site. The problem is it refuses to see anything I connect to it. I built a DAS out of an old case, I have 2 intel 6G backplanes there...